Got the Simrad GO7 xse installed

View attachment 22950
Got my Simrad GO7 xse installed the other day. Had it flush mounted and love it. Anyone have any tips or tricks for operation?
Thanks

Nice ...... read the instructions 10 times over!! That’s my advice. Depending on your usage, these have tons of options.

Have the same unit in my CC and love the it but still have not learned all the features.
If you do run into a snag Simrad has been more then helpful.

Briefly messed with it yesterday evening and it seemed pretty awesome. Definitely packed with features. May try and YouTube some user videos

What's the difference between the GO7 and the GO5 Bennington installs?

Size and the 7 and up has some extra features vs. the 5 like radar capability.

Last edited:
The 7 also has an external Alarm Output. The 5’s internal audible alarm is worthless. Can’t be heard unless the engine is at idle speed. I’m looking to upgrade to the 7 also. I’m told that the transduce cable is the same so all I need is the Display. I missed a deal on one but I am looking.

Wish the G07 was an option from the factory. OR if it is these days, that it was when we ordered in 2017. I like my G05, but would have preferred the G07 right from the start.

Will the 7” fit in a R or Q
2019 Q 25 just arrived. The helm space on the right limits you in size to the GO5. I ordered the vessel view 7 as well and is actually a Simrad 7” display centered in the dash but with no addional gauges. The result is the Simrad 7 (Rebadged by Mercury as Vessel View 7) centered and the GO 5 to the far right. Hope that helps

Back