Gotta update my boat specs......

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Went out today about noon. Gorgeous day on Lake Norman. Cruised to the Benny dealership to fill up. My wife and I brought a couple subs for lunch and we anchored, ate, and swam..........and then the black clouds rolled in fast catching us by surprise. Started to get windy and had lightning in the distance. (Oh Sh-t moment.) Time to go! We had to go under a railroad bridge so we took the bimini top down put it in the boot laid it flat and took off! We very rarely go WOT but today was the day. Hit 43.4 mph GPS trimmed up halfway trying to outrun that storm and we just filled up!

It was a fun ride back to the slip but our work wasn't done yet. Started to pour as we were putting the cover on so we got soaked anyway.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing better than hauling butt in a toon! Glad you made it back to the dock.

Thanks! Can't believe how fast the clouds came up and we got caught kinda far from our slip. It was funny when my wife said if we could go any faster! A wall of rain was following us and lightning strikes were all around......

Can we go faster? 

If we get a new boat yes!!!!

My daughter's in-laws are retired dairy farmers and thus, never were exposed to boating or holiday weekends at the lake or any of the fun stuff.

We had them out on the boat a couple years back and were tucked in close to shore. We couldn't see the approaching sky because of the trees on shore. But the weather was perfect.

Know how those biting flies always seem to show up just before a thunderstorm? Well, they showed up and I announced, "Let's pack up and get going; it's about to storm." Everyone reluctantly followed orders and as we pulled away from shore, we could finally see a huge thunderstorm was bearing down on us.

We made it to the landing and my passengers got into their cars. My son-in-law and I stuck around to retrieve the boat from the water. We got completely drenched, as did the boat.

To this day, that father-in-law loves to tell the story of how Randy can predict an approaching storm based on the flies!

Can we go faster? 

If we get a new boat yes!!!!

My daughter's in-laws are retired dairy farmers and thus, never were exposed to boating or holiday weekends at the lake or any of the fun stuff.

We had them out on the boat a couple years back and were tucked in close to shore. We couldn't see the approaching sky because of the trees on shore. But the weather was perfect.

Know how those biting flies always seem to show up just before a thunderstorm? Well, they showed up and I announced, "Let's pack up and get going; it's about to storm." Everyone reluctantly followed orders and as we pulled away from shore, we could finally see a huge thunderstorm was bearing down on us.

We made it to the landing and my passengers got into their cars. My son-in-law and I stuck around to retrieve the boat from the water. We got completely drenched, as did the boat.

To this day, that father-in-law loves to tell the story of how Randy can predict an approaching storm based on the flies!

The problem is.........the boat she likes is a Q that's just over $100000. We are perfectly content w/what we have. It's fast enough!

Randy's story reminds me of the earthquake that happened a few years ago that was felt all over the East coast. Lake Anna where we used to boat was only a few miles from the epicenter in Mineral, Va. Residents of the lake and a group of bass fisherman that was participating in a tournament reported that before the quake hit fish were jumping out of the water. Something they had never seen before. They had a sense, like the flies, that something was coming.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Back