Great Lakes Water Levels On The Rise

Jack M

Reaction score
I just read that the lake levels are up 12 inches from a year ago at this time .

However they are still 16 inches  below their long-term average.

If we get the snow as is predicted they should rise some more by spring .

This pic is Lake Charleviox   , October 2012 and November 2013

Once again the pic was not taken by me 
528e1fb1e6798.image.jpg

That's great to hear. I boat on Lake St . Claire and water levels the last few years have been low. This was one of the main reasons I traded the cruiser in on a new 2014 bennington.

Todd will be happy about this. Glad the water is coming back!

I have always heard rumors that the previous governor was letting some go down the Mississippi . I find it odd that the levels are rising and the snow fall and rain  has been less than average .

Lakeline. YES YES YES. We weren't sure we could get to our docks at at cottage this year in the spring, but by mid June, water was up and it still hasn't gone back down since the. Enjoyed stress-free runs from the house to dock, though the channel and UT into our Bay. We had min of 3 feet in the canal that heads out into the bay. In fact our gps marks at our swimming area was about 100 Yds closer to the shoreline the last year to get to the same depth of water.

Hope it only gets better next year.

Woooooo hooooo

Todd

Last edited by a moderator:
That is BS. You'd think someone from Chicago would understand the significance of the great lakes.

Good news for sure. I heard with the lakes froze they cannot evaporate which will help the levels as well.

The key question up here is ,When is it going to even Start to melt ?

The key question up here is ,When is it going to even Start to melt ?
July ?? Ask Derrick, he's used to this crap !!!

July ?? Ask Derrick, he's used to this crap !!!
Derrick , when will it melt ?

I saw this morning on this "new directv" weather channel  ,that it has been warmer in Alaska than in Michigan .

Maybe I should get a dog sled . 

Can the keels be changed to  blades ? :unsure:

Your retired Jack, since maple syrup season is a no go, sounds like a good project to tackle.

Your retired Jack, since maple syrup season is a no go, sounds like a good project to tackle.
We got my friends water running again ,his well was froze .

So there still is some hope .It is a matter of getting wood to cook with .Even though the price of propane is starting to come down ,it is not just cost effective to use it to run a 200 gallon cooker for 72-80 hours continuously. 

A 2nd bonus to all the snow is that the ice is covered up so no sunshine and that hopefully puts a damper on the weeds this year.

That explains why I didn't see any weeds( first year )  last season .The other thing is ,with all the snow pack it is also going to longer for the ice to melt this season .

A 2nd bonus to all the snow is that the ice is covered up so no sunshine and that hopefully puts a damper on the weeds this year.

We'll probably have ice untill 3rd week of May at this point. Not really sure. That is one thing I really suck at, remembering things like that. I will remember all the dumb useless information about a lot if things, but dates are a no go for me!

We'll probably have ice untill 3rd week of May at this point. Not really sure. That is one thing I really suck at, remembering things like that. I will remember all the dumb useless information about a lot if things, but dates are a no go for me!
There are two dates you better remember ,your Wifes birthday and your anniversary  :D

That is pretty good news. The lakes are such a vital part of Michigan and the world. Quite the supply of freshwater surrounds us here.

Back