Great weekend

Boomers dad

Reaction score
Thought I would share my experience with you guys.

Friday I went and paid the taxes and registration fess on my new Benny 2275 FSI esp 150 hp Yamaha. Loaded all the equipment and got her ready to put in the water on Sat.

Woke up Sat to a windy and cloudy morning looked like it would rain but I was determined to launch. Waited a while to see if the weather would clear but decided she was going in at noon no matter what. Got to the ramp and lo and behold the sun came out and a smile crossed my face. The launch went off without a hitch. The first thing I noticed was the difference in low speed maneuverability between the pontoon and my previous boat. ( 23 ft bow rider 350 mag w/ Bravo 3 drive ). The Benny felt sluggish, will definitely take some practice. Picked up the wife at the dock and off we went. Took a slow cruise sticking with the recommended rpms for break in. Finally time to open her up, Hit the throttle and she jumped I was pleasantly surprised with the hole shot. Topped out at 5800 rpms and 37 mph, this was into a 15 - 20 mph head wind and medium chop. Not too bad for 150. Cruised around for awhile then rafted up with a friend and went for a swim. Later we picked up my brother in law and sister in law and went to a cove to cook up some burgers on my Magma grill. Went back in just before sunset. Loading back on the trailer she went on first shot, smooth as silk. Got back to the camper I discovered a problem, I couldn't stop smiling.

Woke up Sun to the same weather conditions. Launched the boat and went for breakfast at the marina. After breakfast we decided to do some fishing. This is when I discovered the first problem with the boat. Filled both live wells and ended up with wet carpet under the helm and all the way to the helm chair. Looks like I've got a leak in the front the live well.

Thank God for warranties. The fishing was OK 1 bass and 7 keeper crappies. Good start for a fish fry. Nice relaxing day fun had by all.

Overall it was great weekend. Launching and loading the boat was easier than I expected. Even in windy and choppy conditions. Rafting up and docking was a little challenging but I just took it slow and easy. Except for the leak the boat was flawless and performed about like I expected. Put 7 hours on the motor, should be ready for the first service after this coming weekend. I have some pics I will try and post when I can.

COME ON FRIDAY !!!

Yeah! finally on the water! Glad to hear that you are pleased with your new toy, and heh, a big smile is always contagous! It seems like i remember some others having trouble with the live wells, i'm sure that will be an easy fix. And all in all a pretty small problem. I also found unloading and loading to be a snap, much easier than the old v-bottoms we've had in the past. You'll get used to the way she handles in no time as well. It's nice to hear that most of us are getting out and enjoying our new boats. Good luck next weekend as well!

Congrats boomer. Now, wipe that smile off and get back to work. Gotta make enough to put gas in that thing.

:D

Great way to spend a weekend. Congrats on the new toon!

Back