Had our first water "rescue"

big shooter

Reaction score
My wife and I were sitting by the campfire yesterday and I saw a flare from a boat in the middle of the lake. Being 4th of July weekend I wasn't sure if it was fireworks or not. I got the binoculars and saw him waving his hands over his head, then a second flare. We threw off the cover and headed out. Father and two young boys, motor died on their 1960's boat. They didn't have a horn or oars but at least had the flares. I passed them an oar and towed them back to their camp. Conditions were fine, no danger, but it is a reminder that a second form of propulsion, even an oar, is not a bad thing.

I passed on salvage rights in favor of a promise of some beer in the future. It was a pretty sweet boat though

Sweet. I bet they appreciated it!

My wife and I were sitting by the campfire yesterday and I saw a flare from a boat in the middle of the lake. Being 4th of July weekend I wasn't sure if it was fireworks or not. I got the binoculars and saw him waving his hands over his head, then a second flare. We threw off the cover and headed out. Father and two young boys, motor died on their 1960's boat. They didn't have a horn or oars but at least had the flares. I passed them an oar and towed them back to their camp. Conditions were fine, no danger, but it is a reminder that a second form of propulsion, even an oar, is not a bad thing.

I passed on salvage rights in favor of a promise of some beer in the future. It was a pretty sweet boat though
Good job Big Shooter! Always help another boater in need or distress! You never know if it will be you next.....

Awesome job!!

Nice job!!

Well Done.

Reminds me of this discussion and poll. Almost 2 years to the day.

Thumbs up!

Back