Has Anyone Seen The Latest Yamaha F150(B) On A Bennington?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
Yamaha has a new version of their F150 outboard. The new version is designated F150B the prior version is F150A. I have a Bennington on order and I'm hoping we get the F150B version.

Has anyone seen a Yamaha F150B on a Bennington yet?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't yet but know where you are coming from. I was looking for photos of the f200 when I ordered mine! The new 150 has the rounded top cowling so it should really look like the f200 IMO.

Any difference between the 150A and the B? (besides the look)

We upgraded to the 150 and now it's delaying our launch since the engine still hasn't arrived. We were hoping to close this Saturday, but just got word that the engine most likely won't arrive until Monday. :angry:

Any difference between the 150A and the B? (besides the look)
The B version has some mechanical improvements and a new look: http://www.onthewater.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Yamaha_HotSheet_F150.pdf

I think there may have also been some changes in the balancer setup too which was apparently the Achilles heel on the A model. Not 100%  certain on this issue but I recall reading something about it some time ago?

Please let us know whether you get an A or B model.

I haven't seen one yet. I'm in the same boat as you...My pontoon is currently being built. Upon ordering, I requested the F150B. Crossing my fingers and hoping I get it.  

It looks like a rounded cowling and a different lower unit are the main changes.  Slight changes in electronics.  Might be a little different internals relating to the counterbalancer--more reliable.

In other words, the new engine will run about the same as the old engine.  They're still conservative in the engine's styling, paint and striping.  Want something more flashy, and the 150 hp SHO will be the ticket--an expensive option.

I'm hoping I get the 150B too but won't be unhappy with a 150A. The 150A has already proven itself and although the 150B is almost the same it is "new" and you never know.....

Could possibly make a difference in a future trade in or sale.

I just got an email from my Bennington dealer stating that I will be getting a F150B, good news. Don't have a delivery date yet though.

Hope everyone here gets what they want....

I just got an email from my Bennington dealer stating that I will be getting a F150B, good news. Don't have a delivery date yet though.

Hope everyone here gets what they want....
I hope I have the same luck. If you don't have a delivery date, do you at least have a build date yet?  

I hope I have the same luck. If you don't have a delivery date, do you at least have a build date yet?  
Build was originally set for 4/13, but I made some last minute changes, including upgrade from a F115 to F150.. Dealer is unable to give me delivery date yet. Possibly my last minute changes pushed my build date back and got me under the wire, good and bad news.

I picked up my new bennington three weeks ago. Yall made me go out and look at the motor. I have F150A, it's been running like a champ. I didn't know about the newer F150B or I would of asked about it. Another reason I love this forum, keep you informed. I am so happy with the bennington. This is my second pontoon boat, first bennington, so glad it's a bennington. It rocks!

We have the 150A and it hasn't missed a beat......we still have factory warranty for another 2 years if problems arise. We have just over 145 hours on it so far from last season and a couple weekends so far this year

Just got the call, the 150B is the one ordered for my boat, but it JUST left Seattle so there is serious doubt it will be here in time for me to launch this Saturday. We already delayed from this past weekend for an engine, I don't want to wait any longer. If the B doesn't arrive by Wednesday, the dealer is going to swap out the 150A off a new floor model he just got in. From everything above, I doubt I'll miss the performance and the aesthetics, well, guess I'll just have to suffer with the brand new 150A on my brand new boat :)

I'd wait if it was me but I know the feeling of wanting to hit the water. Great motor choice either way

Knowing what I know now, I'd wait as well. You'll be kicking yourself in a few weeks wondering what could have been. Get the PRO # for the shipment and track it during the week. Make your decision later in the week.

Rockie - What do you mean? I didn't think there was a major difference in A v B for performance, but I'm no expert on engines.

Newer isn't always better.

Only time will tell.

goldnrod - that's what I was thinking, sort of - I mean, the 150A has been proven, works great and the 150B is new, who knows what issues. So waiting to get the 150B didn't seem like a priority except for the look and, well, it's the new shiny thing. Rockie has me wondering though and while LakeLiving makes a point, we are really excited to take delivery. Also, even thought we're only 30 minutes from the marina, that means it's mostly weekends and an evening here and there so the sooner we can get out there, the better.

Another potential factor is how the outboard is perceived several years down the road in the resale market. Yamaha doesn't give their outboards a significant face lift very often. 

Think 6 years from now and you have the "A" version and want to sell it. Even if it is a 2015 model it will be distinguished as being older than the 2015 "B" version. 

Back