Helm storage compartment door dimensions

Jando

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am about to pull the trigger on Yeti like cooler (RTIC) that I want to keep in the helm storage compartment.  I searched and couldn't find the approximate dimensions?  Anyone know?  2016 SSRX.

Thx...

I've got similar questions regarding the dimensions of various storage areas on our new vessel but finding such information on-line has proven fruitless. As such, I've packed a tape measure in my carry-on when we take possession next Saturday. Then the hunt begins for various storage bins to suit our needs.

Guys, I really don't think it's a good idea to be placing a hard cooler under the helm. There's a lot of wire connections under there and you don't want to take a chance of pulling them apart by pulling a cooler in and out all the time. It's very sensitive area of the boat. I keep the cooler out and use it as additional seating when just hanging out. Just my opinion. 

We have a small cooler that we keep under the helm. It's much smaller than the door size. I've already got the sub and amp under there to the far side, so there's just enough room to slide the cooler in. I've check the wiring before, to make sure nothing is hanging down far enough to get caught on anything that we put in there.

Yup, I would agree that we need to be careful of what we store in the helm. I've got the mid-ship bar set up that I'll be using to store a cooler and a plastic bin or two, once I figure out the dimensions.

Back