Help, no clue what I'm doing..

jeanene333

Reaction score
Ok, I've been the wife of several Bennington's.. now i'm the single gal and grabbed what I think is a steal of a much older boat with issues.. (fixer upper??) Anyway.. first things first.. it's a 1998 Benni 22' (title says ETW.. what is an ETW? I can't find anything on that model)

If i can't find that model, how do i find schematics for a handy friend who offered to help get her running.

I hate to sound like a dingbat, both the other boats "we" had were under warranty and this hopefully will be a bit of a challenge and not be another egg in the face.

Thanks!
Jeanene

p.s. if anyone knows where to find an owner's manual too, you'd be my hero!

ETW is the manufacturers identity on the Hull ID. In this case ETW is Bennington’s identifier. You may be able to contact Bennington with your hull id number and they should be able to tell you the model.

Thank you! I was so hoping this might help! In the meantime, is there anything on the title or VIN or anything I can do to possibly be able to narrow it down?

A typical hull identification number (HIN) consists of 12 letters and numbers, as in ABC12345D404.

Here's what the letters and numbers mean:

ABC: This is the U.S. Coast Guard-assigned manufacturer identification code (MIC). Go to the USCG Manufacturers Indentification page to access the Coast Guard's MIC database.

12345: This is the serial number assigned to the hull by the manufacturer. This may be a combination of letters and numbers. The letters "I," "O," and "Q" are excluded because they could be mistaken for numbers.

D: This is the month of certification, indicating the month in which construction began. "A" represents January and "L" represents December. In our example, "D" means April.

4: This is the year of certification. The number is the last digit of the year in which the boat was built. "4" in this case designates 2004.

04: This indicates the boat's model year.

Y
A typical hull identification number (HIN) consists of 12 letters and numbers, as in ABC12345D404.

Here's what the letters and numbers mean:

ABC: This is the U.S. Coast Guard-assigned manufacturer identification code (MIC). Go to the USCG Manufacturers Indentification page to access the Coast Guard's MIC database.

12345: This is the serial number assigned to the hull by the manufacturer. This may be a combination of letters and numbers. The letters "I," "O," and "Q" are excluded because they could be mistaken for numbers.

D: This is the month of certification, indicating the month in which construction began. "A" represents January and "L" represents December. In our example, "D" means April.

4: This is the year of certification. The number is the last digit of the year in which the boat was built. "4" in this case designates 2004.

04: This indicates the boat's model year.

You are amazing! Thank you so much!!

Back