Help on Mooring Whips -

Millsey2

Reaction score
I just ordered my first boat - Bennington 22 GBR [2018]! Can't wait until it arrives sometime in April, even though won't be able to take it out on the water until May. I have a question about Mooring Whips. Because we have so many wake/surf boaters off our dock, I am thinking that I need to use them to keep my new boat from rubbing/hitting our dock. My question is what length 'Whips' should I use. My initial thought is buying Taylor Made 14' Premium Whips. Will these suffice or do I need the 16' whips? Appreciate any input.

That size boat the 14' should work great. Is your dock solid enough to handle the load from the whips?

Believe so. Dock is a fixed permanent dock with steel frame and pilings with 4x4 wood framing that the deck is attached to. Deck is Trex. Husband's boat uses the slip, but my Bennington will be on the up-river, long side of the dock. Picture is taken in the winter when the lake/river is drawn down.old irrigation water line into river.jpg

That should work well.

Great! Thank you for the help on determining what length whips to buy. :) Just ordered them. So excited to get my 'Floating Living Room'. :) The dealer informed me that the 'Build' date is March 20th. May take longer to get the motor because I understand Yamaha can't keep up with demand ..... boats are selling like hotcakes in my neck of the woods [PNW].

Congrats ..... like the “my Bennington” comment .... :D

What’s a mooring whip? Guess that’s another Search.

Back