Help to register new toon for extended motor warrenty

Presque Isle

Reaction score
I was told I can register my Yammy here to get the 7 year warranty instead of 5. How do I go about doing that?

The 7 year warranty instead of 5 is for your boat not the motor....I think.  I have been known to be wrong before and yes it could happen again.  You can purchase an extended warranty through yamaha (or your dealer) to take your original warranty out a few more years.

When we purchased our boat the promotion from yamaha was 3 year warranty and $1000 cash back or you could have had 5 year factory warranty without the cash back.  We chose the cash back option and went from there.  The extended warranty is available for us if we decide to go for it later.  As long as your original warranty hasn't ran out yet you can still purchase the extended warranty......runs roughly $500 a year for each year of extended warranty.  If I remember right we can purchase a max of 3 more years to give us a total of 6 through yamaha.  Not sure how the extended warranty will work for you since you started with 5 but it's something you should ask your dealer about if you are interested.

Correct. Being a Club member extends your BOAT warranty to 7 years, not the motor.

Your dealer can provide you the info you need.

My dealer "purchased" the extended warranty for me as part of the Yamaha promotion.  It added 3 years to my existing 3 year warranty.

Supposedly Yamaha sent me the details shortly after but I don't recall ever receiving anything.  I couldn't find any details on Yamaha's web site but my dealer finally found me a number to call (800.559.0325).  I was able to confirm that I did have the extended warranty and had them resend me the paperwork.

On a side note, my Yamaha outboards app still only shows the standard warranty. It has a link to purchase the extended warranty which basically just says to contact your dealer.

Our extended warrant was not through Yamaha, but a third party the dealer dealt with. It took it out to 7 years - same as the boat. 

Back