Hey Michiganders, a winter poll to pass time.

What snowmobile manufacturer do you ride?

• Total voters

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
How many of you snowmobile in Michigan to get your “fix” while the boat is put away for the winter?

If you do, vote in the poll!

Got pictures of your sled that you want to post? Share them in a reply, along with where you normally ride, or if you have a favorite place in Michigan to ride.

Always had Arctic cats. Panther and a Cheetah. Rode in the Mio Michigan area where we used to have a place. As I said in another thread though, I gave it up and sold them a while ago after 3 back surgeries. My wife never enjoyed riding (she got too cold) but loves other non-motorized winter sports, which we still do.

Old-sled.jpg

Vikingstaff, once upon a time we used to have real winters here in Michigan but those now seem far and few between (not that I'm complaining). We used to be into snowmobiling but sold them off after several years of not having enough snow to use them. I've been looking at a side-by-side instead, that can be used year around.

Vikingstaff, once upon a time we used to have real winters here in Michigan but those now seem far and few between (not that I'm complaining). We used to be into snowmobiling but sold them off after several years of not having enough snow to use them. I've been looking at a side-by-side instead, that can be used year around.

In my experience there isn't enough snow in mid Michigan to warrant owning a sled. The ice hardly gets thick enough to fish on let alone ride on at our lake.

We've got crazies in southern Iowa that own sleds. They drive north 8 - 10 hours for a week and if they are lucky maybe get two days a year to use them around home. Probably less costly to rent one eavery year...

Man chooses the quality of a Bennington yet owns Skidoo’s.......... got the boat right!!!

Just busting your chops Viking, nice selections of rides you have there. Was cleaning snow off my truck in old forge, Ny thanksgiving weekend..... I’m ready to ride!!

Spicer's has got to be loving you. Nice looking sleds; come on snow!

Spicer's has got to be loving you. Nice looking sleds; come on snow!

No kidding, right?

Technically, I purchased the 2017 Grand Touring Ski Doo (rust/orange snowmobile) elswhere late last winter. My $ follows the best deal I can get WHEN I know the brand and all else will be equal. ;)

Back