Hey Wisconsin guys! Off topic qestions about vehicle registration

goldnrod24

Reaction score
My son is moving to Madison next month for a new job. His car is currently titled and registered in Michigan. He has a proof of insurance from State Farm in Michigan. He'll have a new SF policy from an agent in Wisconsin beginning June 3rd.

I ASSume he'll need Wisconsin plates, which as far as I can research is $75/year for passenger cars. Does he need to title the car in Wisconsin or can he keep his Michigan title?

I'm also guessing they'll require him to get a Wisconsin operator's license. Can't find that fee online.

So, if he produces a MI title, a MI operator's license and a MI proof of insurance at a visit to the WI DOT, will he be able to get all he needs to legally operate in Wisconsin?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, Jack. You must have the "new and improved" Google. My out-dated Google didn't display these links. My questions are answered.

I'm off to buy the upgraded Google. I wonder how much that's going to run me.....

;-)

Oh yes. We've already done the price shopping. We have State Farm and he's presently on my policy with all my discounts (my good driving, multi car, etc.). His 1998 Hooptie costs him $80/month in Michigan. In Wisconsin on his own policy..... $39/month!

His license plates are $135 in Michigan. Looks like they will be $75 in Wisconsin.

Back