Hmmmmm come on Bennington for 100K boat should be standard.....

Newport RI

Reaction score
For a price of nearly six figures (well equipped Q w/sport tower) for a tritoon a adjustable drivers seat (up and down) should really be standard or at the least an option.  I just got the quote from dealer to install and at near $900+ way to much.... 4-5 hrs labor based on the boats design and ability to get to the stock post to remove and re-install new post.... and the adjustable post itself (350$ range)  Just noting as a higher end maker this should be a standard option with a certain series  whether the Q or maybe the line before the Q and up to the Q etc etc... I am 5'11 and find myself sitting on one knee most times to have a bit better view or stacking square life preserver cushion's to be propped up.  The seat is super comfortable just wish it was 4-6' higher most of the time.....anyone make a well made, well matching, booster seat that fits well with our seats on the Bennington?

You could replace the pole with a longer one. Just an Idea hey Newport we heard you got some snow. Any truth in that?

Last edited by a moderator:
You could replace the pole with a longer one. Just an Idea hey Newport we heard you got some snow. Any truth in that?
I wish it were that easy..... dealer said same cost involved in labor to swap out the poles..... and yup we gots some snow, that said I am in Newport RI near water so only about 6' for me! (thank god....)

.  The seat is super comfortable just wish it was 4-6' higher most of the time.....anyone make a well made, well matching, booster seat that fits well with our seats on the Bennington?
4-6' ..... Man you really want to see .... Lol !!!!

Does it have the elevated helm .... That makes a huge difference. I can't imagine there's not another seat post that won't slide into the base. I forget the base brand on mine, I think Springfield, there's gotta be something out there without replacing everything.

By the way, if I was the dealer selling you a boat in that price range, I WOULD DO THAT SWAP FOR FREE !!!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents ......

Bennington can only do so many options, and they have come a long way in just 2 years ....... Did your dealer send a "special request" as Bennington will do many things that are not "listed" in the specs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smitty took the words right off my finger tips. Unless you're getting a Q for 60K the dealer should step up and get you what you want.

I bought boat last year, retail was 90's but paid less, I have to say I have a great dealer and been very happy with them.....just seems that a pontoon in this price range should have a seat adjust option as standard equipment or at the least a design that if one wants to add isn't a small fortune...Yes I have the elevated helm.... Thanks all for the comments.

Our boat has the adjustable helm seat and it doesn't work anymore.  I talked to Bennington about it and they told me they stopped installing them because of the failure rate and warranty claims.    It is lots of work remove the underskinning to get at the nuts to remove the base.  The upright is permanently attached to the base.  If I remember Somebody did replace theirs in the last couple of years.

So don't fix the problem, just take away the functionality? I'm glad the auto market doesn't take that approach. We'd all be in beetles cruising around. ( I love beetles but no frills for sure)

I have nor looked at mine. I'm 5'11" and seat height has never seemed to be an issue in my last Q. It would seem to me that you could plate shim the area between the seat and the horizontal adjuster if you wanted more seat height.

It was an outsourced part but with the Bennington no fault warranty they were eating the labor claims.  I understand their decision,   I looked for a replacement and the only people making them are the same as the base I have.  I chose not to replace because it probably will fail again. 

Bigblock - I like your idea of shimming but getting 4" to 6"  might put a lot of strain on the upright and RI goes out in the bay which can get really rough.  

Back