Hot Springs Area

Jgedeon

Reaction score
We have a trip planned for Lake Ouachita, this will be our third trip there. While we are staying at Echo Canyon, we are looking to pull out for a day and go explore Lake Hamilton. It looks like there is a park called Avery Park that is just south of the dam and we would be able to venture the river into the lake. Navionics shows the depths would be good in the river to the lake. Can anyone say if the park and ramp would be decent to launch a 30' wide beam boat? The other recommendation from Echo Canyon was Treasure Island ramp and that is much further down river/lake than Avery.

Thanks in advance.

Had to look up Avery Park but that should be fine. We boat on Lake Hamilton and actually just across from Treasure Isle, if you put in at Avery and head towards the main lake stay in the middle or cheat to the right and watch your depth gauge. That area is known on the lake as the “cold water dam” ,The water is around 55 degrees on that side of Blakley Mountain Dam so don’t just jump in! Head south to Bubba Brews or Fisherman’s Wharf for some good eats and cold beer. Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll be glad to answer. The only issue you may have would be loading back up if they are releasing water for power generation.

Had to look up Avery Park but that should be fine. We boat on Lake Hamilton and actually just across from Treasure Isle, if you put in at Avery and head towards the main lake stay in the middle or cheat to the right and watch your depth gauge. That area is known on the lake as the “cold water dam” ,The water is around 55 degrees on that side of Blakley Mountain Dam so don’t just jump in! Head south to Bubba Brews or Fisherman’s Wharf for some good eats and cold beer. Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll be glad to answer. The only issue you may have would be loading back up if they are releasing water for power generation.
Thanks for the information. My biggest concern is the parking due to the length of the truck and trailer. While we love the solitude of Lake Ouachita we thought it would be nice to check out Hamilton and maybe the party cove if they have one there. We haven't found one on Ouachita.

Good point, the parking lot is not that big and you may have to park on the grass. As far as party coves, just past the Hwy 270 bridge (1st bridge) the area to the right is known as the Sandbar and it gets busy on weekends! Shallow water and many boats. The party cove is Skinny Dip cove and it is at the far end of the lake and it sometimes has live bands and lots of folks enjoying themselves.

Skinny Dip Cove has a Facebook Page with their concert info listed. Skinny Dip Cove Lake Hamilton.

Good point, the parking lot is not that big and you may have to park on the grass. As far as party coves, just past the Hwy 270 bridge (1st bridge) the area to the right is known as the Sandbar and it gets busy on weekends! Shallow water and many boats. The party cove is Skinny Dip cove and it is at the far end of the lake and it sometimes has live bands and lots of folks enjoying themselves.
Thanks for the info, now that is a good cove name. LOL

I’m biting my tongue. :p:oops::cool:

Back