How do I remove decal adhesive from faux woodgrain on helm?

Booboo

Reaction score
Bennington factory folks applied a large 5" x 6" vinyl decal (company logo) over the nice faux wood grain finish on my helm, where a GPS/depth/fish finder might normally be installed.

The logo is unclassy and unecessary. The faux wood-grained helm beneath is quite attractive, except for the residual adhesive left after I removed the deal.

How do I remove the redsidual adhesive without ruining the finish below.

Why does Bennington feel such a decal is necessary?

Thanks,

Booboo

P1000006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had good luck on vehicles using a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive in order to peel off the logo/emblems in the past. Once you get the logo off I used like a goo-gone product to get the residual adhesive off. I am not sure how that would effect your particular finish but it has worked well on cars and bikes I have owned.

Bennington factory folks applied a large 5" x 6" vinyl decal (company logo) over the nice faux wood grain finish on my helm, where a GPS/depth/fish finder might normally be installed.

The logo is unclassy and unecessary. The faux wood-grained helm beneath is quite attractive, except for the residual adhesive left after I removed the deal.

How do I remove the redsidual adhesive without ruining the finish below.

Why does Bennington feel such a decal is necessary?

Thanks,

Booboo
Here again @ Amazon .http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=goo-be-gone&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=13471995930&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=225363399530144286&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_50jf61uifi_e

WD-40 will also work.

Carl,

Heck no, I mean just cause it was called WD-18 when you started using it ....... Just sayin ....

LOL !!!!!

Back