How to Fix Loose Dash Switch Plate

Baja 252

Reaction score
My dealer is 150 miles away, so I'm going to fix this small issue myself. The plate that holds the ACC switches is loose and moves around. The plate on both sides of the steering wheel have the same problem. I haven't even looked under the dash yet, so I don't know if its just some screws that need to be tightened or something more complicated like clips that are broken.

Any one have any experience with this issue? I'm wondering if before I go to the lake next I need to get any parts. You can see in the photo the right side is loose and hanging lower than it should.

Switch Plate.JPG

It’s typically the nuts on the back side need tightened. That’s what would happen on mine. I don’t remember the size of the nut, but I think my newer boat has nylock nuts vs. nuts and lock washers.

Same thing happened to mine right off the bat. Never thought to have it fixed under warranty! As SemperFi suggested, the plates are secured by nuts. However, the post that the nut tightens to was actually loose as it’s just set in foam. As such, I ended up drilling a hole through the plate and putting the post through that. Of course, now you can see the end of the post, but at least it’s straight and secure. Hopefully you can just crawl behind and tighten it up.

Back