How To Liven Up A Plain Looking Interior?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
Just got our new boat, 2015 2275 GCW, with Champagne/Regatta Blue accent exterior, Regatta Blue Bimini and Java interior, Designer Vinyl floor with Teak tables.  We're thrilled, but...The boat comes across as a plain Jane, overly conservative. Regret not getting the blue accent with the Java vinyl. Haven't seen it yet with the Bimini deployed. Maybe that will make a difference. 

What can we do now to liven up the interior?

Thanks.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Throw a couple colorful indoor/outdoor rugs down to get a little color. Maybe a couple "outdoor" throw pillows?

My wife bought some outdoor pillows for a "splash" of color (pun fully intended). She scoured stores (Pier1, Crate and Barrel, etc) and actually found great ones on the cheap at Kohls. Pics to come this weekend.

Semp and Island Nomad beat me to it........Pillows. We have a few maroon and blue ones. We actually use them when falling asleep on the sun pad.....

Someone on Etsy makes pillows for boats and outdoor furniture. They are spendy - about $60 each. But they weigh about 7 pounds and don't blow out. Comfy and durable. And heavy. An interesting niche. 

You can order a vinyl paint/stain to change the color of a panel.  You'd just have to mask it off and spray the product a couple of coats.

I wouldn't suggest doing anything to a new pontoon boat, however.  I like'em just like they are.

http://www.gatorwraps.com/gallery/boats.html/title/pontoon-boat ( I know you posted interior ) 

217ec43d-848f-4ea0-93ca-4b2c675c7b76.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack.....

That's the same graphic I sent to this company here at Lake Norman that designs wraps for boats to see if they were able to design something similar for our boat.......our minds have changed so many times since. Since the boat is already in the water we're going to have it done at the end of the season or next spring.....

How do you like the Designer Vinyl?
Too soon to tell. It looks fragile and lighter than I expected. Soft and lightly padded. Highly touted by  Bennington as the next great thing.

Girls in bikinis and beer (preferably matching colors). That is all.

Back