How to mitigate wind

timjet

Reaction score
Having sold my bow rider and now moving to my new to me '19 Bennington 23 SSBXP, I love the ease of getting off and on and the open seating arrangement. What I don't love is the wind. With a 200 Yamaha we typically cruise at 3500 rpm which equates to about 20 mph. That 20 mph wind in your face gets old, something we didn't have to contend with on the bow rider with the large windshield. Anybody have any suggestions about reducing the wind issue other than going slower?

Can't you add a windshield to that model ? Someone on here will know.

That question was asked a while back . There was a company that makes custom windscreens .

Last edited:
Hi Timjet! I’m with you on the wind issue. I also came from a bowrider and the difference is quite noticeable.

That said, I’d never go back. Instead, unless we’re doing water sports or trying to out run a storm, I now cruise at a comfortable 15-17 mph, which also happens to be my best mileage range.

I know a lot of folks like to travel at top speed, but it makes my eyes water after a few minutes and I don’t think my passengers enjoy it either. Frankly, I’d recommend that you slow down and enjoy the ride.

We also came from a bowrider. When we used to go fast we used to close the windshield and put on the bow cover and hide behind the windshield. Ha! We rarely go WOT. But if we have to get somewhere we'll step on it. Plus we don't like going over 30-35 with our double Bimini for an extended period of time. Like other have said add some kind of windshield to make your ride more comfortable.....

Back