Hurricane Sandy

cwag911

Reaction score
I hope all the forum members in Sandys' path are doing ok with the storm. Just thinking of those in harms way. It's not bad here in the western part of NC but the east coast is getting hammered. Stay safe everyone.

I hope all the forum members in Sandys' path are doing ok with the storm. Just thinking of those in harms way. It's not bad here in the western part of NC but the east coast is getting hammered. Stay safe everyone.
Raining pretty hard here now, Carl, but we haven't gotten the sustained winds yet...........Just got back from the marina. Wasn't able to move our toon to undercover storage but I lowered my bimini top...........We'll be fine........

Pretty scary here in southeast Pa. I can't imagine living on the coast !!!! Rains died down but now the winds are picking up. Heck, even Walmart closed here so you know it's bad !! Gander mountain sold 400 generators this morning in probably an hour or so. It's crazy !!!! I wish I had a dollar for every call I got at work to see if we had any. I could have upgraded to a "Q". Lol !!!!

I sur am glad my dealer got our Benny out last week ..... F&S Yamaha & Marine ROCKS !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is not in anyway nearly as important to all that have suffered in Hurrican Sandy. Although, we felt the rough side affects here in Saginaw Bay. Our 24ft duck blind was foun 6 miles to the south of where she was anchored in the bay. a 60lb danforth and a 3 foot tall "grapple hook" style anchor were no match fo 60+mph wind and waves Monday night.

I can't remember if the "toons" we used were off a Benny, Harris or Tacker. I know we looked at salvage boats of those 3 manufactures, but didn't pay too much attention 10 years ago when we built this baby.

resuce mission to commence when the waves die down to a level we can get at it with our 18.5 foot center console Lund

Todd

Lund Duck boat.jpg

Web Floater 1.jpg

I know this is not in anyway nearly as important to all that have suffered in Hurrican Sandy. Although, we felt the rough side affects here in Saginaw Bay. Our 24ft duck blind was foun 6 miles to the south of where she was anchored in the bay. a 60lb danforth and a 3 foot tall "grapple hook" style anchor were no match fo 60+mph wind and waves Monday night.

I can't remember if the "toons" we used were off a Benny, Harris or Tacker. I know we looked at salvage boats of those 3 manufactures, but didn't pay too much attention 10 years ago when we built this baby.

resuce mission to commence when the waves die down to a level we can get at it with our 18.5 foot center console Lund

Todd
That's amazing getting literally pushed 6 miles from it's spot w/2 anchors. The power of mother nature!

Back