Hydrohoist vs front mount lift

dmdword

Reaction score
So.... new 23RSFB purchased. 300 Yamaha, ESP, and large fuel tank. With this investment I think I would like to have a lift for it to set on. I’m on lake hartwell in South Carolina in a busy area. My two choices are Carolina lift systems which is coming in around 7500 installed. The downside is it supposedly is a
Front mount dock that secures to your dock and puts a lot of strain on the actual dock. The other option is hydrohoist coming in at 8200-9000. More expensive but supposedly creates almost no stress on the dock. Any of you guys that have any input or ideas on which way to go would be greatly appreciated.

My experience is that the HydroHoist handles rough water very well. Ours isn't necessarily rough all the time, but it floats like a butterfly when the whole marina (floating) is rocking. I would also be leery of stress from a front mount. The HH is a great product. Our dealer was fantastic, but we're in Texas.

We have a hydro hoist and have loved it. +1 what s5pfg said. On our lake in middle Tennessee, I would say that over 90% of the lifts are hydro hoist.

The definition of rough water is different for everyone. Wind?Boat wakes? Main channel? Cove? Here on LOTO we have very very rough water, the top of the line hoist is Poly Lift. I’m not saying Hydro Hoist is bad, I’m just saying it's what most around here would consider the best rough water hoist is.
IMO, No way would I get a lift that puts weight on the dock.

Last edited:
Back