I’d like one!

Michiman

Reaction score
I came across this somewhere recently. Note the clear (glass?) bow door. I wonder if Bennington will be adding this as an option in the near future?

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpeg
    IMG_1573.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 62
It could probably be done by a reputable glass shop .
But Ill pass on real glass ,if that thing breaks or shatters you've got a real mess .

It could probably be done by a reputable glass shop .
But Ill pass on real glass ,if that thing breaks or shatters you've got a real mess .
Yeah, and probably pretty heavy. I do like the concept though.

Looks great but agree glass on a boat is not a safe idea. The picture makes me long for the late summer nights And sunset cruises. Come on summer!

Lexan would be a good option. Used on dragsters. Doesn’t break. Decent scratch resistance. Hmmmmmm ….

I came across this somewhere recently. Note the clear (glass?) bow door. I wonder if Bennington will be adding this as an option in the near future?
Unrelated for the most part, but here was Houghton Lake yesterday. Nancy and I joked about dropping in our kayaks and just dressing warm.

Meanwhile, our snowmobiles were dropped off as well. No snow in sight! We personally have not seen the lake this way (unfrozen) on Dec. 30th since we’ve been up here Steve.

IMG_5766.jpeg

The weather has definitely changed. Our lake used to freeze solid and you could ride sleds all day. Haven’t been able to safely the last few years and probably not anytime soon. A lot of people are taking out their boats later in the year and putting them back in earlier too.

Here’s to the real diehard fishermen! The forecast said winter is coming with the 1st real cold weather and snowstorm next week. Around here winter with snow and cold is down to about 2 months a year which is fine with me. By the time I retire MA may be the new SC for weather.

There are few diehard's up here . The go out every New Years Day . The Crooked River doesnt freeze . ( Side note , Its Not Me )
1704112942732.png
1704113000078.png

Lexan would be a good option. Used on dragsters. Doesn’t break. Decent scratch resistance. Hmmmmmm ….
It does 'yellow' though doesn't it? Or is that just plexiglass that does?

Honestly, I'm pretty sure they just removed the panel that was inside.

Unrelated for the most part, but here was Houghton Lake yesterday. Nancy and I joked about dropping in our kayaks and just dressing warm.

Meanwhile, our snowmobiles were dropped off as well. No snow in sight! We personally have not seen the lake this way (unfrozen) on Dec. 30th since we’ve been up here Steve.

View attachment 35189
Beautiful picture unless it’s December and you have two snowmobiles in the garage…

It does 'yellow' though doesn't it? Or is that just plexiglass that does?

Yeah it can over time and it’s not scratch resistant. It defi has its tradeoffs vs. glass.

See thru doors are nothing new. And they don't have to be made out of glass that could break and create problems.

Back