I got a good deal from Garmin support line.

fiddlebick

Reaction score
My '05  Bennington came from the factory with a Garmin 85 installed.  It quit working on the previous owner and I didn't pursue the issue last summer, but this spring I looked into it and found no problem with the ground or power wire for the unit, so I called Garmin's support line. They said they had no parts or solution for my old unit, but offered a 20 percent discount on any new unit, so I chose the 550c and they are shipping it free.  With the discount, they came in around 20 bucks cheaper than the unit sells for on Amazon, so I was pleased. This unit is getting great reviews from freshwater fishermen, having been designed to target that group. 

I love my Garmin GPSMAP 531 it is one of the best pieces of boating equipment I have ever purchased. I am sure you will be happy.

P.S. Born and grew up in Owensboro attended lots of basketball games in Utica

Hey, good to hear a fellow Kentuckian on here!  I was born and raised here myself, in the Ensor area, graduated from OCHS in '77.  How bout you?

Just a bit older  :D  Owensboro Senior High 1961. Moved to Ohio in 1962. Police officer in Toledo OH moved to TN in 2002 and retired to Dale Hollow Lake.

Did you install this yet fiddlebick?  I just ordered a Garmin 551dv to replace the factory 85 on my '06. The 85 still works but pales in comparison to what's available these days. I'm wondering if there's enough room to flush mount these new 500 series units in the dash where the original was. Please post a pic of your install if you have one.

Back