I need to vent!

Noah Genda

Reaction score
I own a 2011 RCW tritoon with a Suzuki 250 motor. I boat on Lake Monroe in south central Indiana. I have a Hydro-Hoist lift in my slip. I do not own a trailer.

My Bennington dealer (who stores/maintains my boat/is about 150 miles away) was purchased by a competitor. My previous wonderful dealer would deliver the boat in the spring and pick it up, winterize it, and store it for me until next season.

The new owner basically told me I'm on my own for the future. They did offer to sell me a trailer.

Searching for another Bennington dealer, who admittedly is closer to my location but is considerably less friendly, told me I'm SOL. "Good luck with finding someone to work on your Suzuki." Like I said, considerably less friendly.

They don't have a trailer that would support my center tube. So they won't pick it up. Though I assume they would have to honor my boat warranty. Considering the cost of the boat, I'm not interested in storing it outside in the elements, even if it's shrink wrapped.

I'm angry, not thinking straight, and need someone to give me some clarity on what I should do next. Thanks in advance.

Eight inches of snow late March in Indiana? Keep me away from tall buildings with open windows!

First off....woosah!!! I'm sure there another marina would love to have your business. I'm sure some of the other folks here will chime in and possibly have some recommendations for your area. We all feel your pain on this horrible spring so far brother.

Back