I passed my final deck inspection

lakeliving

Reaction score
As some of you know I tore down our old nasty unsafe deck and put up a new one. It has pretty much been wrapped up for a while but I finally had my final inspection from the county and passed! The inspector came up on the deck to look around and said "nice bennington" I wonder if that is why I passed....Here are a couple pics of the final project. Now I just need to get my lawn in gear.
SAM_9704_zps848ac802.jpg
SAM_9706_zps62e58736.jpg
SAM_9708_zpsd9b995ad.jpg
SAM_9710_zps8caf73c5.jpg

Beautiful work! Nice layout and view! Beautiful this past weekend huh? So much for all those scattered thunderstorms.

Wow, you're hired!

Nice job Andy and you can't beat a lake view.

Nice job !!!!

Yes it is a nice job, I can imagine sitting on that deck looking out over the lake

Looks great. Need some side jobs? :)

Todd

Looks great. Nice design. I have the same synthetic boards on my porches on the back of the house. Terrific. They don't fade, cleaning is a snap, and....no splinters !! :) Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a "Trex" deck, Andy? Very nice! That'll last forever! Great job!

Looks great!! Well done

Looks real nice! Real nice indeed!!! I'm jealous about your lake view!!!!

Thanks all. It is not Trex Daril, it is Azek PVC decking. Very easy to work with, no wood fibers, light weight. Railings are Veka which have an aluminum channel running through the top and bottom rail. A 9' un supported run will hold 750lbs without any squash blocks and are attached to the posts with aluminum brackets. It is a super strong set up with virtually no maintenance which more boating, less working!

Again it looks great! My Trex deck is supposed to be no maintenance but the last few years we've gotten what looks like slight mildew stains on it that bleach/water can't touch. Has to be power washed. The weird thing is..........it's in the direct sun every afternoon...........

The stains you are getting are possibly tannin from the wood fibers used in Trex. We have battledv this issue with customers for years. We push the products as "low maintainence" instead of "no" maintainence. Every product needs some type of maintainence to look good for years, but manufacturers sadly mislead consumers by stating "no maintainence" in their advertising. Trex has come a long way in the last 5 years or so, but they had to, to catch up to Azek and some of the other brands out there.

I'm excited to see how the Azek holds up. I'm looking forward to the occasional power wash. It seems like my neighbor is constantly painting his. It's like the Mackinac bridge, once they get to one end, they start again!! I figured I would post a picture of the before as this pic was taken during our walk through prior to closing. New windows, paint, door walls, deck make a big difference
CIMG1538_zpse73bbb4e.jpg
SAM_9705_zpsc22c5fd7.jpg

MUCH better!! Dang, that was a good size tree too!

The stains you are getting are possibly tannin from the wood fibers used in Trex. We have battledv this issue with customers for years. We push the products as "low maintainence" instead of "no" maintainence. Every product needs some type of maintainence to look good for years, but manufacturers sadly mislead consumers by stating "no maintainence" in their advertising. Trex has come a long way in the last 5 years or so, but they had to, to catch up to Azek and some of the other brands out there.
You're right about Trex. They have come a long way from when we had ours built a good 13 years ago. It's still expensive! Ha!

Back