im an idiot ! dropped the cowling on my vf250xa

chris288

Reaction score
hello, i am such a dope, put the cowling on the back deck and it took a nose dive off onto the gravel and cracked the top and back. question is its a 2021 yamaha vf250xa it doesnt have the silver rear panel, so it must be a early 2021 as it seems later 2021's have the new cowling with the silver insert. id rather have the late year cowling as i think it looks nicer. looks like the rear silver insert cowling is model vf 250xb.... does anyone know if these 2 cowlings are interchangeable ? Thanks Chris

Last edited:
I would guess that the parts diagram would indicate that they are interchangeable if they have the same part number, but that is just a guess. Part diagram should be available on line or at the dealer.
As a side note, a co-worker broke his new motor cover when it motor was tilted up and he backed into the garage. He replaced it and let the dealer keep the damage one. The dealer cut it in half (front to back), put a clock in it, and hung it on the wall. Looked really cool IMO. He was bummed that he didn’t keep it for his garage, but also didn’t want to remember the experience every time he entered the garage.

I’d follow up with a Yamaha service provider or Yamaha directly. Those are expensive, and they are the ones that should be able to give a definitive answer one way or another. My fingers are crossed you can switch up to the one your prefer. Good luck!

That’s great Chris! Glad it worked out.

Back