Indian Lake boat show 2017

Indian_Lake_Bum

Reaction score
The wife and I went to the indian lake boat show just to look around and oogle the new offerings from all manufacturers.  We did see quite a few boats that we would consider as our next boat.  Did like the sylvan that had the flip rear seating that would make for double benches (facing one another) with a table in the middle.  Or you could flip the back fully over to make one large rear facing bed (lounger) in the rear.  Kind of liked that sylvan system better than the swingback version that only allows the option of seating facing forward or backwards.  There was a stainless railing system across the back as well as an extended aft deck.  

Berkshire came out swinging with a blacked out tri-toon windshield model that came complete with a power folding arch and a full touchscreen dash that was pretty sweet.  Didn't get any pics of the dash lit up (should have I know) but we did get to play around with the radio a bit and it paired to the salesman's phone via bluetooth in a few seconds.  

Bennington had the Qx (all in white) at spend a day powered with a white 350 verado......very cool except the 124K price tag that had me wheezing a bit!!  The new g22 swingback was pretty nice.  Was in the white with shatter graphics in red and the elevated helm.  The gsr2250 (like we have) really didn't change a whole lot other than the stitching on the seats ("G Model" stitching now) and the vinyl material itself was different.  I still prefer the soft touch vinyl that we have over the never stuff they are using now....we could get used to it I guess but like what we have.  Did notice that there are 12 or 13 flooring material options.....still shows 2 carpets available.  Didn't think you could even get a boat with carpet in it anymore.

DSCN9537_zpspmjmibkg.jpg

DSCN9538_zpskjhzvkul.jpg

DSCN9532_zps5wwminnd.jpg

DSCN9530_zpsdinaqxt7.jpg

Kind of like the graphics on the outside but didn't care for the lime green on the seats.  The wife on the other hand liked the green in the seats :rolleyes:

DSCN9553_zps4zjauzgy.jpg

DSCN9549_zpsuqggi2zk.jpg

All in all I guess there wasn't anything that made me feel as if I needed to run out and get the checkbook and pen and try to strike up a deal while trading in our current boat....guess that's a good thing in a way.  

Shows that even though our boat is going on 3 years old and 350 hours of use we still enjoy it and feel that it's the best fit for us right now.  I wouldn't opt for any motor bigger than a 200 anyway and would stick with the same length boat and floorplan as it seems to fit us just fine when family and friends come over for a visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bum,

was going to stop by tomorrow.  Been months since we checked on our place out there, cameras and alarm help but I need to check the golf cart battery tender. And make sure the geese are not on my dock.

Didnt bother going out since October. No ice to fish on. No fresh snow at Mad river to ski either.  Weirdest winter that I can remember in a long time.

Yeah a few weeks ago we were going to take the boat out on a sunny 70 degree day in FEB.  When was the last time that happened in an Ohio winter?  Only problem was we couldn't get down our channel at moundwood due to a downed tree at the bridge.

Our snow will probably come in May.....mother nature can be a real buzzkill

Thanks for sharing!

A lot of debri around turkey foot. Be careful Bum.  Spend a day Wont have mine out till April at the earliest

didnt see a dredge, which is upsetting. Looks like they were cleaning out the beaver damage but the trees are still there

Indian lake bum.....

My wife and I also noticed the floor plan in the Sylvan/Starcraft line with that rear seat configuration that has so many options. She loves that feature and we have even test driven it before the end of last season. With respect to this forum and its members that is all I have to say about it...........

Back