Instrument cluster not working 2014 bennington

HBH

Reaction score
Boat has been in storage since April (pandemic). Engine starts, all switches hot but none of my instrument cluster is working, Trim, Tach and fuel. The only fuse I can find is a 20A and it is not blown.

Circuit Breakers ?

I know this will sound silly and probably not be the issue, but I have had gauges not work on my ski boat and I just tapped the lense on the gauge and it started working. Sometimes a gauge will stick.

Don’t know what motor you’re running but on a Yamaha there are a couple of fuses in a box under the cowling. Possibly one of those.

I had this issue on a 2015 24SX. The boat took on Hurricane Michael, so I knew when I bought it, it had some issues. The instrument cluster and power steering were out.

On my boat, there are two Multi-wire connectors in the wiring harness under the console. One has 6 wires, the other has like 12. On inspection they both have "green" corrosion. I cut out the 6 wire connector, put in high quality shrink wrap/seal butt connectors, and the cluster/steering is working now. Going to do the same thing to the big connector when it gets a bit cooler (Florida Gulf). Dealer would probably wire in a new connector and charge $$$$$$. My fix was around $40 (most of that in a good crimper).

Back