Insurance Questions

Four R's

Reaction score
Just wondering which companies the forum would recommend and how much coverage you suggest? We just purchased a 2012 2275 GCW and will be using it in Barnegat Bay in NJ.

There is a good topic HERE

BoatUS, $800,000 fuel/oil spill coverage ..... Nuff said !!!!!! I think ours is like $168/yr.

DON'T go cheap on insurance, I had ALLSTATE, till I saw that I had like $5000 in spill coverage .....

DO YOU KNOW how much it would cost to have HAZMAT come out to a STATE PARK lake for a spill ??? A LOT more than 5k !!!!!!

BoatUS cost me MAYBE $150/year ...... Covers EVERYTHING, FULL REPLACEMENT value also !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, same here. Boat US full replacement (agreed value, no depreciation) plus a few extras for gear and electronics.

yep, BOAT US here too if my boat will ever come in !  dealer says maybe this week !!! :D

Glad this topic came up...

I call my agent who put me with Progressive and come to find out I do not have "stated value"

and she is checking on fuel/oil spill ( she doubts it is covered)...I will be with Boat US tonight...

Thanks guys

Al

"Once One, Always One"

yep, BOAT US here too if my boat will ever come in !  dealer says maybe this week !!! :D
Ditto...waiting for new Benny some time this week...or next? :rolleyes:

2014...  20SLMX with 70hp Yamaha...I think BoatUS will be about $140 annual

Had United Marine Underwriters for my old boat and the Seadoo. Got quotes for the new boat and Boat US was cheaper with better coverage.

Back