Irene, leave boat in or take it out of the lake?

Frankd

Reaction score
Topic says it, we are in a small lake in NH and as of right now the eye of the storm is predicted to pass directly over us, never been in this situation before, anyone have a recommendation as to weather we should let the boat ride it out or should we take it out and bring it home?

Bring it home! It will get battered with the wind. In the Navy, anytime storms come inland and the ships were at the dock, we would move them out into the deep water and ride out the storm.

I'd say bring it home, park it where best protected, and find a way to anchor the tounge. I've had my ski boat sideways in the driveway, tounge gouged into the wife's car door :angry:

Yes, pull it out of the water snd tie it down. You will want to get some heavy duty anchor stakes and stake it into the ground. There is some discusiiion on pontoonforums.com about this sane topic. Check it out, lots of experiance over there. Also do not park under any trees.

Good luck with the storm. Hope it misses you

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info guys, went out this morning to pick up the boat only to find they opened the dam to lower the lake level by a few feet, it is a fairly shallow dock area to begin with and now our boat is sitting on bare ground, no way to move it so all we can do is let it ride out the storm, we'll hope for the best come Monday when the storm has passed.

Hi Frank

Did you ride out the storm okay? Hope you and yours are well.

Went out last night to check on the boat, lake level was back to normal and no damage to the boat, I'm guessing sitting on the ground probably saved it as it couldn't slam the dock when the winds picked up, big relief!

Hey Frank. Glad to hear you and your boat are okay. Hopefully your lake level will be back up before the holiday.

Good news indeed!

Back