Is Express Peformance Package Center Tube At Same Level As Outside Tubes & Does It Need To Be Suppor

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
Boat is 2015 2275 GCW. Thread Title says it all.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, same level. I believe the general consensus has been support is recommended but not totally necessary. I was going to add one to my old boat but I did not plan to immediately add bunks to my trailer. I would be even less concerned on a lift since it's not bumping around down the road. But then again, how hard is it to add a bunk to a lift?

I added the center bunk to both the lift and trailer based on the recommendation of Bennington. I have center storage and 50 gallon center fuel tank. That's a lot of weight just to hang without support.

Yes, same level. I believe the general consensus has been support is recommended but not totally necessary. I was going to add one to my old boat but I did not plan to immediately add bunks to my trailer. I would be even less concerned on a lift since it's not bumping around down the road. But then again, how hard is it to add a bunk to a lift?
While I don't use a lift, I'd second Nick's advice.

I'd be a lot more concerned about adding the support for an SPS or ESP tube with a motor, gas and storage weighing it down (like in Sanity3's situation). The Express Tube would have none of those things, just 3/4 of a pontoon. 

When I put my 24SSLX w/Express tube on a rack in my boathouse, I did put a pair of 2 x 8's lengthwise under all 3 toons--flat on the rack.

But my trailer only has 2 sets of v bunks.  The center toon only weights about 250 lbs, and it's completely separate of the engine pod and motor.  Had I had the SPS full length toon with the fuel tank and motor on it, I would have added a third V bunk to support the heavy weights.

I agree...I added a third set of bunks to my lift (hydrohoist) to support the middle tube. I have  the ESP with tube storage and am running a Yami 250. I just feel better with the additional support. Good luck!!

Sorry guys, but why in the world would you spend that much on a premium pontoon boat and not spend $200-300 for the extra support  :huh:

Sorry guys, but why in the world would you spend that much on a premium pontoon boat and not spend $200-300 for the extra support  :huh:
The Express tube will add less weight than hydraulic legs, and the weight is more evenly distributed.

I've never seen a trailer with a support for hydraulic legs.

Just sayin'

Like I said above, the Express Tube just adds 250 lbs.  Any SPS or ESP center toon will have both a heavy outboard motor and a big fuel tank--total weight approximately 1300 lbs.--over 1000 lbs. difference.

I do have my middle toon supported while it hangs in the boat house.  I don't have it supported when it's on the trailer (2 days per year) because it's really not needed.

Back