Is it true?

Wild and Free

Reaction score
I heard a story today that the developer's or owners of Bennington split from The Aqua patio division of Godfrey marine originally.

One of our local power sports dealers told me that they were approached to take on the Benningtom line years ago but turned it down because in the beginning they were too much like the aqua patio pontoons and they already carried that line and didn't think the Bennington line would sell but now regret it seeing how many the other local competitor sells. :eek:

Still didn't stop him from trying to talk me into a Sanpan saying it was every bit as good as a Benny. :rolleyes:

Is it true?

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard a story today that the developer's or owners of Bennington split from The Aqua patio division of Godfrey marine originally.

One of our local power sports dealers told me that they were approached to take on the Benningtom line years ago but turned it down because in the beginning they were too much like the aqua patio pontoons and they already carried that line and didn't think the Bennington line would sell but now regret it seeing how many the other local competitor sells. :eek:

Still didn't stop him from trying to talk me into a Sanpan saying it was every bit as good as a Benny. :rolleyes:

Is it true?
Don't know if that story is true (I'm sure someone in the know will chime in soon) but FWIW I looked at SanPan's build quality, options available, overall boat looks wasn't even close to my review of my new Benne. I see you doubt what you've heard also with :rolleyes: and you have a Benne. I would ask if thats true What happened to them?

This is not true, must be a rumor. There is actually a long-time competitive rivalry between the two companies! Godfrey was the big dog when we started Bennington back in 1997. Most of us at Bennington started together at a little company called Suncruiser many years ago. TB

This is not true, must be a rumor. There is actually a long-time competitive rivalry between the two companies! Godfrey was the big dog when we started Bennington back in 1997. Most of us at Bennington started together at a little company called Suncruiser many years ago. TB

Good to know, I will let him know he was in the wrong next time I see him. BTW it was Tim Moritz of Moritz Sport and Marine in Mandan ND who spewed this bad rumor.

Whoooopss!!! did I just type that out loud. :lol:

So you all started out AT or AS suncruiser? Is suncruiser still in business? I know I have seen suncruiser pontoons in my area.

OK, I just heard a rumor that, "One of the pro-active" builders was designing a "Bow Thruster". LOL

I just heard the rumor that since TB thinks that we all are the BEST possible members they could ask for, and soooo supportive to the new members thinking of purchasing Bennington's, and ultimately decided to partially BECAUSE of this great support network, that they were going to post a few pics of 2013 boats on here today!! Most notably the 2575RCW, the QCW with tower, and this new found GCW with SPORT ARCH! Just a rumor I heard, I'm sure it's true, right, isn't it? PLEASE!!!!!!! HAHA

Derrick

Heck I'd be happy just to "hear" what colors will be available now that Yellow was dropped ...... Holding my breath for a "wild" color like lime green or bright orange or even maybe a copper color ......

I just heard the rumor that since TB thinks that we all are the BEST possible members they could ask for, and soooo supportive to the new members thinking of purchasing Bennington's, and ultimately decided to partially BECAUSE of this great support network, that they were going to post a few pics of 2013 boats on here today!! Most notably the 2575RCW, the QCW with tower, and this new found GCW with SPORT ARCH! Just a rumor I heard, I'm sure it's true, right, isn't it? PLEASE!!!!!!! HAHA

Derrick
My iPad takes decent pictures. Hopefully that will be allowed onsite Wednesday ;)

My iPad takes decent pictures. Hopefully that will be allowed onsite Wednesday ;)
Pretty sure the first one with pics up will be the hero of this forum nation! Even the second and third person will have 'elite' status in my book!! Bring'em on!!!

Derrick

I plan on meeting my dealer up there the night before Derrick and we are going to have a Molson in your honor ! :p Gerry

I plan on meeting my dealer up there the night before Derrick and we are going to have a Molson in your honor ! :p Gerry
That's mighty kind of you, but real men drink whiskey. Keep in mind, up here in Canada, that's how we keep warm!! Although I have been switching to the spiced rum lately, stuff is like candy!!! But a nod in my direction with any beverage is always appreciated! :)

Derrick

That's mighty kind of you, but real men drink whiskey. Keep in mind, up here in Canada, that's how we keep warm!! Although I have been switching to the spiced rum lately, stuff is like candy!!! But a nod in my direction with any beverage is always appreciated! :)

Derrick
You are the first canuk I have seen actually use the word "Whiskey" every one I know from the great white north calls it "Rye" aye!. :lol:

You are the first canuk I have seen actually use the word "Whiskey" every one I know from the great white north calls it "Rye" aye!. :lol:
Haha, well, if I'm being an honest Canadian, I DO usually call it Rye!!

Derrick

Back