Is the kicker system enough

MATZKECLAN5

Reaction score
just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on the kicker kmc10? We just got our new Benny with that system in it. No amp or sub. It seems to be clear sounding but no thumping compared to our last Benny with the Sony stereo with kicker speakers. Our last system was fantastic.

just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on the kicker kmc10? We just got our new Benny with that system in it. No amp or sub. It seems to be clear sounding but no thumping compared to our last Benny with the Sony stereo with kicker speakers. Our last system was fantastic.
Did you get the kicker speaker upgrade or standard speakers?

Well, I'm quite happy with my Kicker set-up and the way it sounds (now). You won't get much bass with just the deck and speakers. Actually, to get the best sound (IMO) you only want the mids and highs to go to the speakers. Let the sub(s) handle all the low stuff. Keeping the bass out of the speakers really cleans up the sound. I ordered my boat with the Kicker KMC-10 deck, Kicker amp, Kicker speakers (4) and the 10" Kicker sub. It sounded "OK" from the factory. I added a 10" shallow mount Pioneer sub to the rear seating area, tweaked the amp a bit and added two remotes (front and rear). It now sounds much better than when I first got it and everyone compliments the sound. There's no doubt it's easier to get good sound from an insulated fiberglass boat but with a little extra work a pontoon can actually sound quite good.

We have the stock KMC 10 and we are satisfied with it. It meets our requirements although honestly we are not big music listeners. Reception is much better now that I spread out the antenna wires under the helm. Tell us about the new Bennington, we need all the details.

I upgraded to KMC20 and you get better sound with the 20 verses 10. I like the 10 also.

We have the stock KMC 10 and we are satisfied with it. It meets our requirements although honestly we are not big music listeners. Reception is much better now that I spread out the antenna wires under the helm. Tell us about the new Bennington, we need all the details.
It’s a new 2375 RCW tritoon esp with a 300 Yamaha, black color with blackout and smoke graphics

Very nice boat. Sounds beautiful. Send pictures. We have the KCM10 with 8 kicker speakers and sub/amp that came from factory and are very pleased! We love playing our country music and are quite happy how it sounds. Our friends thought it was great when we anchored and coved out last summer. Don’t know if we need additional sub or amp. Love the remote in back off swim platform

Very nice boat. Sounds beautiful. Send pictures. We have the KCM10 with 8 kicker speakers and sub/amp that came from factory and are very pleased! We love playing our country music and are quite happy how it sounds. Our friends thought it was great when we anchored and coved out last summer. Don’t know if we need additional sub or amp. Love the remote in back off swim platform
Where is your amp located

Amp and subwoofer under the helm

Originally had the Kicker and speakers but could not hear well outside of the boat. Added the amp and sub and it works great now!
Our boat has two speakers pointing out towards the swim platform as well as two speakers under the back loungers. Great times floating with a beer in hand off the stern.

Do you have any problems with vibration? Is the subwoofer a "tube" type?
Box subwoofer with no noticeable vibration as of yet

I take that back. Don’t know exactly what type. All I know it’s contained within square box?

Spreading the antenna has not helped us. I’m baffled at how poor our FM reception is. No other obvious connection issues. Any ideas?

Spreading out that dipole antenna isn't going to help much. Once you get it in a good position, everything will change when the boat turns. Those antennas are really designed for a fixed location......they grab the FM signal in a "flat figure-8" pattern. The best thing to do is get a real omnidirectional antenna like what is used on a car, and install it. Some people simply lay it under the helm in the storage compartment with excellent results.

I find that I rarely listen to FM broadcasts any more due to the enormous amount of commercials. Hate them. I've been doing Bluetooth streaming. The sound quality is WAY better as well. Much more bass and clearer mid-highs.

Our boat has two speakers pointing out towards the swim platform as well as two speakers under the back loungers. Great times floating with a beer in hand off the stern.
Hey, I’ve been away from the forum for awhile. I see you have speakers pointed out to the swim deck. And you have the chaise loungers? I just have the fake silver vents pointed out back but would love if I had the speakers! Was that stock or did u add them?

Back