Is there a Yamaha test prop company

jsur

Reaction score
Is anybody aware of a yamaha prop testing company similar to prop Gods? I have contacted Ken and he thinks it might be worth a try with a mirage plus 15 pitch. However, he doesn't necessarily think this will get me more speed, just better hole shot and control. I am actually ok with these aspects on my boat. I would love to try a saltwater series II 15 3/4 inch by 15 pitch prop. Many of the test pontoons of various brands had this one on and hit 44 mph. I just have to believe I am underperforming at 5400 rpm with my 15 1/2 inch by 17 pitch. Thoughts/answers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same situation as you. They have a 15.75 X 15 on order for me hopefully get it next week. I'm running exact same rpm 5400 with the 15.5 x 17 at about 42mph. Keep you posted on the results when I get it

Roy, on a 300 that definitely shouldn't be too much prop, it's what I'm running on my 250. I must admit, I don't think I ever took note of my rpm's when doing speed runs. Silly me, I know better! 

Jsur, I would say you are in the grey area. 200 recommend the 15, 250 recommend the 17. That being said, yes you are definitely still lacking in the top end (based on what I and others are getting out of the same props but 200 and 250's. 

Back