Is there an IPOD hookup?

Gastonguy

Reaction score
Just had delivered our RCW 2275 with the upgraded sound system. At the helm there is a USB port and the remote for the radio. The radio is located in the storage with a door that keeps it out of sight. On the radio itself is an RCA type jack that looks like it would accomodate the ipod but since it is behind the closed door, not sure where we would put the ipod and operate it (you know, changing songs etc) Wife and kids have ipod, not me so if it appears I don't know what i am doing, you would be correct. Advice please.

P.S. What are guys doing with the USB port.......hooking up laptop and posting on the forum?

Plug your ipod into the USB. The head unit will display and give you access to the songs stored on your ipod.

Just had delivered our RCW 2275 with the upgraded sound system. At the helm there is a USB port and the remote for the radio. The radio is located in the storage with a door that keeps it out of sight. On the radio itself is an RCA type jack that looks like it would accomodate the ipod but since it is behind the closed door, not sure where we would put the ipod and operate it (you know, changing songs etc) Wife and kids have ipod, not me so if it appears I don't know what i am doing, you would be correct. Advice please.

P.S. What are guys doing with the USB port.......hooking up laptop and posting on the forum?

Goldenrod, I have a basic kicker. Would you explain in a little more detail how to get it to work? What do you mean "the head unit will display" thanks I mean getting the iPod to work.

I unplugged the USB cable under the dash and plugged in an Apple Lightning plug. I keep my IPOD Touch out of sight inside the helm and just use the stereo remote to control everything. You can also use Bluetooth but I like having it plugged in direct because it charges at the same time it plays music.

Those reply's were posted almost 7 years ago .Most had Sony units installed .

Goldenrod, I have a basic kicker. Would you explain in a little more detail how to get it to work? What do you mean "the head unit will display" thanks I mean getting the iPod to work.

Back