Issues with our new bennington

Freeride

Reaction score
pick up our 2375 rcw today with 90 yami. these are not big problems but maybe more of questions needed answering. speaker under helm is scuffed up and bolts are loose and one was laying on the floor. we put up the bimini to check it out and the front supports are 6" to short for latching. it is the curved top. anyone have any insight to the bimini? I don't see how any adjustments would work and theres no way it will stretch that far. what is the easiest way to unlatch the bimini? the latches are very stiff. and the last thing is 2 adults and 2 kids and a full tank of gas and all i can get is 5500 rpm with a 11 pitch. boat has about 45 mins on it

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum. All this sounds like it should have been taken care of by the dealer before you took delivery. As far as the motor, I think you should finish the break-in first, and what was your speed? With a 90 it's not going to be a speed demon.

Freeride, I have a 2012 RL with a 115 and I just noticed last weekend that I only do 5500 RPMs at WOT with 4 adults.  I was anxious to get up there and see what it does with just me on it.  I was hoping the prop gurus might offer a suggestion

I got the bimini figured out. it was operator error and I also found out you hit the pole with your hand too unclip the upright supports. we were trying to pry up on the clip with one hand and hit it with the other. I am sure my dealer would of went thru all of that but it was raining and we never even uncovered the boat before I took it. they are ordering a new speaker and now I will get some hrs on it this weekend and see if I can get more rpm"s out of it.

Propping is a no win for the dealer.

If you were at 5800 with the load that you described, you would then over rev with 1 or 2 people with lighter fuel load.

Sounds to me like you are propped correctly.

5800 I would be happy with but 5500 is max so far. actually I would like to see a hair over 6000k with just myself onboard because there will always be atleast 4 people on the toon. bill do you happen to live in SD?

I had the same issue with my speaker under the helm. The hope cut for the speaker was too big and when they missed the fiberglass when they attempted to secure it in place with the top screws. I got some new screws, nuts and a couple large washers. Fixed.

Yes......Are you in MN?

Back