It's Official

Hummm Aqua Teak? I haven't heard of that stuff. I thought that the factory used Plas-Deck.

Yours looks a bit diffrent then the stuff I have seen on most Benningtons.

I was quoted 10k for a full teak floor.
They started offering Aqua Teak as a less expensive alternative at the end of last year, similar to what other brands were offering. It is a lot different material than Plas Deck, more like a household sheet vinyl with slightly grained and clear coated surface.

Mine is a laminate floor, not the softer feeling. I'm sure your dealer would have/send you sample(s) to touch and feel. I wanted to upgrade to the stuff you were quoted, it's softer and "spongier", but for $8000 I figured i'd try this out first; if i hate it, I'll throw a rug over it. So far, nothing to hate. :D

Congratulations on a beautiful boat! I know what you mean about towing being hard on the hands! I tow mine from Atlanta down to Orlando and back several times a year. On our last trip we ended up in the tail end of a tropical storm. My knuckles hurt for over a week from gripping the wheel so hard! I'm getting better with each haul. My dream is to have a second Benny so I don't have to ever trailer one again!

Mine is a laminate floor, not the softer feeling. I'm sure your dealer would have/send you sample(s) to touch and feel. I wanted to upgrade to the stuff you were quoted, it's softer and "spongier", but for $8000 I figured i'd try this out first; if i hate it, I'll throw a rug over it. So far, nothing to hate. :D
That's for sure, it's beautiful!

Congratulations on a beautiful boat! I know what you mean about towing being hard on the hands! I tow mine from Atlanta down to Orlando and back several times a year. On our last trip we ended up in the tail end of a tropical storm. My knuckles hurt for over a week from gripping the wheel so hard! I'm getting better with each haul. My dream is to have a second Benny so I don't have to ever trailer one again!
Hmmmm..... There's an idea, my RLi in Pa, and pick up an SLX for down in Myrtle Beach ......

Back