Jill's Birthday Cruise

Remediation

Reaction score
Lake Cumberland KY - White Oak Community Dock
As some know, we survived breast cancer surgery in 2016 and the chemo that was worse than the surgery. The inside joke is " I beat the cancer but the chemo tried to kill me". Jill's birthday is 12/30 and January of 2017, she tells me she wants to go boating on her birthday to celebrate being alive. I said "of course, Babe" Birthday week comes and 2 snowstorms are forecast. 12/30/207 comes and it is 10 degrees and 20-30 mph winds. The motor turned over and I told her to dress warm. The 2 couples invited passed on the opportunity.
We headed to the ramp at Caesar Creek Lake. 2 other boats had launched and somebody had salted the ramp (Thank You). We got the boat in the water and cruised for 20 minutes. It was not horrible going down wind. We had a toast to another year of life. Got the boat on the trailer on 2nd try which was a miracle. We meet our friends at a tavern for birthday lunch and then got the rig back in the barn.
Weeks later, I washed the boat and trailer to get the road salt off.
Boating is about family.View media item 7797View media item 7798View media item 7792View media item 7799View media item 7796View media item 7795View media item 7794View media item 7793View media item 7804View media item 7803View media item 7802View media item 7801View media item 7800

Last edited:
That is just awesome! Congrats.

Awesome ... and f cancer!!!!!

What a great way to celebrate, hate cancer :mad:

My PSA's started rising again in the past 6 months. Prostate was removed in 2015 so the Dr's are watching again.

Awesome

I get an error message when I click on the links saying I don't have permission to view the photos.
Would love to see the pictures.

Good to hear guys, send me a pm sometime and we'll come down to CC. Also, I have reservations at Conley for the poker run, hell yeah, thats going to be awesome. Maybe see you there?

Congratulations to Jill and you for beating that horrible disease. My Dad died from prostate cancer and have had many family members and friends literally fighting for their lives. My Dad used to tell me he didn't know what was worse.......The cancer or the chemo and he said Daril.....Don't get old! I couldn't see the pics on my phone but I will try again on my IPAD. KEEP FIGHTING JILL!

My PSA's started rising again in the past 6 months. Prostate was removed in 2015 so the Dr's are watching again.
Since my Dad died of prostate cancer I am being watched closely. PSA # has been non existent.....

I get the same messages as yanni and I would also have liked to see them.

I get an error message when I click on the links saying I don't have permission to view the photos.

I’m happy things are going good and she is kicking cancers ass. We’re all pulling for you guys. And if she boats in that cold of weather...cancer doesn’t know who it’s fighting with, she’s tough!

Do you not see pics in the thread? I see pics and click on them and they become larger.

There are no pictures - only links and they give the “...you don’t have permission...“ message.

I'm on my home computer if that makes a difference.

I’m on an iPhone and can’t see them which bums me out.

I see everything on iPhone/iPad. Clear your cache files and try again...... might be something in there????

I can't see it either :(

Back