jmeadows49

Jmeadows49

Reaction score
Im a new owner of a 2275RCW. Love the boat; however, the dock lights are incredibly weak. Please provide possible solutions. Thank you!

Welcome to the forum Jmeadows!

Change to LED bulbs.......

What year is your boat and what engine do you have?!? Pics when you have a chance......

Welcome and what type of lights are they? Plastic or stainless? The stainless with the leds are not that bright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a 2013 2275 RCW with 250 yamaha ESP package, The housing is stainless and bulbs appear to be LED. I had to look over the front rail to make sure they were working. Thanks for the help!

Depending on the lights you are asking about, the red and green lights are not real intense. The white forward facing lights should be bright enough to find a dock in the dark.

Remove build, turn switch on and thick voltage at the bulb. Check voltage on battery terminals.  Should be the same, if lower at lights you may have a wiring issue.. If same, try new bulbs

As Carl has stated, many report that the LED docking lights are not as bright as the old school plastic set-up. Mine are the latter and do happen to be very bright (not to rub it in, of course). You should still be under warranty so have your dealer take a look this Fall. Good luck!

I also installed Silverstar Ultra bulbs in them.

I have the stainless docking lights and haven't had an issue with how much light they put out. I also only use them when I'm close to the dock.

... I also only use them when I'm close to the dock.

Good for you. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. We have many people lately who use these as "driving lights" at night all over the lake. My stainless LED DOCKING lights are great for illuminating the entrance to our boat lift at night. Other than that they're never used. I have a very powerful handheld spot if needed to see obstacles out on the lake.

I have the stainless, And the docking light is useless . I need to add some under the front deck.  I am seeing more folks using lights at night,Saturday night it was full Led super power. I couldn't see a thing. Had to wait him out. I have a hand held for short looks ahead if I need to and throw a towel over the dash so its dark. 

I also have stainless steel and they work great only use when docking at my marina and they do exactly as intended.  

Good for you. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. We have many people lately who use these as "driving lights" at night all over the lake. My stainless LED DOCKING lights are great for illuminating the entrance to our boat lift at night. Other than that they're never used. I have a very powerful handheld spot if needed to see obstacles out on the lake.

Boy Tom,you absolutely hit the nail on the head with this one. I wish DNR would ticket boaters that use docking lights while running. I really hate it when people use them in tight channels when they're approaching you;.

I also have the stainless lights,but rarely use them.

I have the stainless, And the docking light is useless . I need to add some under the front deck.  I am seeing more folks using lights at night,Saturday night it was full Led super power. I couldn't see a thing. Had to wait him out. I have a hand held for short looks ahead if I need to and throw a towel over the dash so its dark. 

Boy Tom,you absolutely hit the nail on the head with this one. I wish DNR would ticket boaters that use docking lights while running. I really hate it when people use them in tight channels when they're approaching you;.

I also have the stainless lights,but rarely use them.

Noticed this on the 4th of July on the only time we have been out at night in complete darkness. So many boats with their docking lots on in the middle of the lake nowhere near a dock/slip.  

In my opinion, indiscriminate use of docking lights is another reason that people should have to take a boating course in order to own a boat. Have seen them used on our lake, too. I switch mine on only as I'm making the turn into my slip. 

Back