Jump Starter

Jack M

Reaction score
Amazon has a Jump Starter on Sale today $49,99 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T2GT9L4/ref=gbps_ulm_s-3_4782_75e66350?smid=A294P4X9EWVXLJ&pf_rd_p=2292984782&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08EP59KSY51VQXA4V0CJ

61nMVGPk-ML._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice deal. Grabbed one. Thanks Jack!!

I bought one last spring when they had them on sale .

I haven't had to use it and I hope I dont .

I bought the same one from Lowes for $100.

Tried it on 2 dead cars, so far it has not been able to start one!

Too late to return.

Did you do it per the instructions? I don't think it will jump a completely dead battery. It's size leads me to believe it's more of a "power bank" for a battery that's still got some charge. Even some of my bigger jump boxes wouldn't jump my Optima when it was almost completely dead.

The one I have needs to be connected for 5 minutes to allow the charge to pass from the jump pack to the vehicle battery.

Mine salvaged a day of pontooning when gps was left on. Battery completely dead.

Also started a friends vintage corvette with the battery completely dead. That one made me a believer.

I now keep one in each vehicle.

Yes, the Scorpion I have started my VW diesel several times, when it had a faulty courtesy light switch that kept killing the battery. I just sent one of these Ankers to my son in law for their car, so thanks for the find Jack  :)

I bought one of some brand for my daughter (starting college this fall) and for our boat, but a friend of mine told me that when his battery went dead, his didn't do a thing to help. Have any of you actually tried yours out. I'd hate to think we all had a false sense of security about that little device. This is the one I got. 

61jvE8Z1dFL._SL1000_.jpg

Never tried mine  .It has good reviews ,BUT ,amazon does give (and reduce prices on some ) products for good reviews .

I bought one of these a few years ago and absolutely love it....especially for going on extending boating trips.  It's obviously not nearly as compact but has several outlets plus we use the built in air compressor to blow up our floaties once we get to our destination so we don't have to transport them all aired up.

http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinum-portable-power-1150/p-02871688000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

View attachment 1433

OK, you love it for the options, and I'll have to admit, it does have some very nice ones, but have you tried it for the option of getting you out of trouble, maybe on a run down battery? That's the test I'm talking about. I like mine for being able to plug in an electronic device, but the main thing I wanted it for was to crank that boat or car if it was ever needed. I need to do that with both of mine. 

Never tried .It has good reviews ,BUT ,amazon does give (and reduce prices on some ) products for good reviews .

I'm with you on the reviews, Jack. I make most of my purchases AFTER reading what others think about it. But I still don't know if either of mine work for what I bought them. It would be hard to crank a battery with a review. :)

I just had an idea ,if I can find my old tractor battery .

Let us know what you find out. I've also got a couple of old batteries lying around, but they might be too far gone for anything to breathe life back in to.

If would be ashamed for people to go out and buy up a bunch of these, and they turn out to be nothing but expensive flashlights. 

Another thing I do, and tell my daughter to do as well, is plug them in to top them off every few weeks. It surely wouldn't do any good to have it, need it, and it be run down as well. :(

OK, you love it for the options, and I'll have to admit, it does have some very nice ones, but have you tried it for the option of getting you out of trouble, maybe on a run down battery? That's the test I'm talking about. I like mine for being able to plug in an electronic device, but the main thing I wanted it for was to crank that boat or car if it was ever needed. I need to do that with both of mine. 

Yes I sure did.  Worked flawlessly to jump start my battery.  The Diehard even had lots of juice left in it after doing that.

I just checked the shed ,I think I had to take it in to avoid the core charge 

Back