Just a dream for now

Dewey643

Reaction score
Well,...I guess the hopes of owning a Bennington is just a dream for now! I was hoping to be able to get back on the water no later than next spring after next year's boat show. Three things are for certain,though,....1. I'm always going to make Bennington my first choice. 2. I know I want an 18 footer,...16 would be a tad bit small.
3. Yamaha for power. I mean,...gosh,...you only live once! I'm not one to pray for material things like this,but would it not be cool if the Good Lord blessed me with one,....UNEXPECTEDLY if I may add?
Until then,...I can only dream of waking up,and looking out my bedroom window some morning to see an 18 ft. Benny sitting out front behind a Toyota Tacoma SR5 extended cab truck,...and wondering "Who does that belong to? Nobody in the neighborhood that I know of has a pontoon!"

Last edited:
Keep your eye on the ball. Visualize the goal. Articulate a game plan to accomplish it with check points. Work from check point to check point. It will happen if you remain in pursuit of it.

Dreams can come true. Vikingstaff set forth an excellent plan, follow it and you will be on the water in no time. Never lose site of the goal, it may mean making sacrifices along the way, but in the end you will have your boat.

I sure didn't give up when I was UNEXPECTEDLY blessed with that organ the church gifted me with,....could the same thing happen with a Bennington S 188SLV? I don't see why not? Don't you? I could just SEE the look on my sister and brother in law's faces if they were to pull up and see both a truck and pontoon parked in front of the house,...OMG! My only explanation would be "I have NO idea WHO it belongs to,...I didn't buy a boat and truck....could be someone visiting the neighbors next door for all I know. I came home from work,... was going to park in front of the house,...and there it was!" And then find an envelope on the windshield of the truck with keys in it for both the pontoon and truck,...with a note saying "To Dewey,...from the Lord,and your friends at Main Channel Marina!" How likely that would happen would be anyone's guess,...but ya never know! That would be an even BIGGER unexpected blessing! Think positive,...and it could very well happen,..just never know!

Last edited:
Back