Just Brought Her Home!

Cap'n Mel

Reaction score
I'll have to add pics later to 'make it real'

Right now the damn rain has us parked in the driveway :angry:

Couple of questions - does anyone use the Vesselview mobil app with their Mercury engine?  opinions?

Do you have an eye welded to the rear of both pontoons or just one? We have one on each in the front but only starboard on the rear.

The boat is gorgeous but has a couple of flaws that need to be addressed.  Scratched through the paint on the inside panel near the throttle and a good sized dent in the front of the starboard pontoon. Pretty sure that happened today when our sales guy powerloaded onto the trailer. We'll see what comes of it.  At least WE won't make the first dent! :blink:

The weather is not cooperating for me either.  Woke up to a beautiful Sunday morning, then the wind came.  I headed to the lake only to see whitecaps and lots and lots of waves, came back home.  Rear eyes must be a two toon thing, I do not have any on my tri-toons.  CYA on the damage, get pics with time stamps, maybe get one of the hour meter too.  Call the dealer first thing tomorrow to record the damage.  Sorry to be cynical but I do not trust most of them, including mine.  If it needs a new panel and toon that will be a pricey fix. 

Congrats Cap'n Mel!!!

The weather is not cooperating for me either.  Woke up to a beautiful Sunday morning, then the wind came.  I headed to the lake only to see whitecaps and lots and lots of waves, came back home.  Rear eyes must be a two toon thing, I do not have any on my tri-toons.  CYA on the damage, get pics with time stamps, maybe get one of the hour meter too.  Call the dealer first thing tomorrow to record the damage.  Sorry to be cynical but I do not trust most of them, including mine.  If it needs a new panel and toon that will be a pricey fix. 

Matt is correct: Get this squared away immediately with the dealer.  Make sure they own this problem.  That dent won't be able to get pulled, so it will require a whole new pontoon.  That costs $3,000 just for the pontoon, and does not include shipping or installation.  The dealer will have to eat that cost.  

Been a long wait for you but glad it's arrived. Sorry to hear of the problems but as other's have stated, put the dealer on notice. You'll likely have to live with it until next Fall, but that's okay. Remember those pictures!

Congrats on the new boat. But did you notice the dent at the ramp while the salesman was with you? Or after you got home and started admiring the boat. Either way,don't put off letting it be known.

Back