Just picked out a new Benny, have some questions.

I opted for the in-floor storage but can't really comment one way or the other as I've not used it yet.  I didn't get my boat until late October so I didn't get a chance to see how it stores toys and such.  I can tell you it's huge and can store a lot of big bulky items.  I plan on using it quite a bit this summer for wakeboards and deflated tubes.  I don't like a lot of clutter when on the boat so that's why I decided on purchasing it.

We really like our in floor even though we live on a lake too. I use plastic storage tubs for things that aren't used all the time.

It's also a big resale point for any SPS or ESP as you never know how someone else may use the boat and ne d the space.

I got the storage and use it. I recommend it. Also, if the kids act up it makes for a nice place to threaten to toss them. :D

Cheers, Steve

I also have the in-floor storage. We store 2 wake boards, 1 knee board, multiple noodles as well as the boat cover. I couldn't imagine not having it.

We don't have the storage, and though we have not missed it, I may have ordered it simply because that is how I am wired. We do have the extended aft deck, and on the 21 SLX it's great. Our boat stays in the water, and if the extended deck would not be there, it would be a lot harder to do things like flush the motor, put the mooring cover on, etc. Plus it just makes the boat feel a lot bigger and makes it more finished. Great as a swim platform as well. Pricing is about the same as the extended deck, and in my opinion the aft deck is MUCH more useful.

I don't know what I would do without the in-floor storage. Probably depends a lot on how you use your boat though. I frequently wish my boat had the rub rail. 

I just found a good pic of my rub rail .

10372074_10200928257089231_3355645234774094963_n.jpg
Love the look of that boat! One question though, about your rub rails. How do those stand up to some "wavy" action where your boat might ride a wave a little high and come down on top of the dock and the bottom of that rub rail? Does it just pull out, or would it tear out, needing a total replacement for that side? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ,never had water lever that high . Water ( scum) line is not even half way up the toons .If anything did ever happen I still have 5 years left on the warranty. It does look like the rubber can be replaced .

Love the look of that boat! One question though, about your rub rails. How do those stand up to some "wavy" action where your boat might ride a wave a little high and come down on top of the dock and the bottom of that rub rail? Does it just pull out, or would it tear out, needing a total replacement for that side? 

Yes, this happened to me during storage and it pulled out a bit. I was able to push the rub rail back in. However, it would be a pain if a large section came out. That being said, I am on a lake with pretty good wake and often will be slammed into the dock while picking up friends. It has held up pretty well.

Thanks, jsur. They look very nice, but sticking out that far, I figured it had to happen at one time or another.

I love our in floor storage!! We have a 1 person tube, a 2 person tube, a 3 person tube(2&3 have backs as well, not just donuts) a wakeboard, knee board, 2 big fenders, 2 oars, fishing rod, and could probably still put in another wakeboard when the tubes are folded properly. Definitely worth it in my opinion!!    

Congrats and welcome  

Nice to see another member from MN

Congrats! If you love your new 21 SLX half as much as we do, you will be very happy indeed. Welcome to the family!

Congrats and enjoy the new boat!

Jack

Just an update that our new boat has arrived at the dealer and we're planning on going to view it and complete the paperwork on Monday.  It's nice that the dealer has agreed to store it (inside) as well as deliver it for free when we're ready (200 miles).

Back