Keith's Lake

lakeliving

Reaction score
I read somewhere else where the guy tripped on some metal on the dock (a cleat, maybe?) fell and hit his head on a pontoon boat and slipped into the water and drowned. Sad.

Was alcohol a factor?!?

Sad. Same thing happened at our docks a year or two ago. Guy slipped, hit his head and drowned.

Sorry guys just now seeing this post.

Yes this is actually the lake one over (east of) mine but they connect.  Here's the scoop....and I have 2nd hand knowledge of it because my neighbor is the one who directs the carp fishing contest for this every year and I walked down there on Friday and asked him about it.  He said Thursday night a friend of his (the guy who died) was absolutely drunk as heck.  My neighbor eventually told him "Hey...go over there (pointing toward the pontoon boats that are always tied up to the docks at this event)....I don't have time to babysit you anymore."  So the guy did, fell into the lake, got stuck between a dock and a boat, and drowned.  I also confirmed this with one of the cops that day.  Sad.  I enjoy going to this every year (my wife and I literally walk from our house to it...it's that close) but there are some pretty brainless people at that thing.  There's a local joke that most of the people at that thing are missing at least 6 teeth.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I was referring to your chain of lakes! Thanks for the inside scoop.

Back