Kicker KMC 10 stereo reception

I will probably try doing the same. Assuming mine is bundled up under the console  too, I will see about unbundling it and running it under the helm in a better way. I am not sure how much I'll use it, but I would like to know its an option.

I called my Dealer with the same problem . They have a booster antenna that they sell actually hook up to a power source and the radio. Put one on my last boat worked excellent with the Sony radio. I think it was like $15. Check with your Dealers.

We also have the Kicker KMC10 and the FM radio barely picks up any station where I know at least 5 should be available. I did untangle the dipole wire antenna and expected immediate improvement however there was almost no change. I will go back under and try again. Like many of you, it is a reasonable expectation to have decent FM reception with an upgraded sound system. For background music while swimming - and just as a matter of principle, I really want this to function properly.

We never listen to FM. We use Bluetooth and Pandora. Then we listen to what we want. Good luck with your reception.

Make sure it's getting power when the radio is on.

Had the same issue in my old runabout. Finally broke down and bought one of those pull up automotive antennas and just bit the bullet and drilled the hole, worked perfect after that. We use satellite and pandora on this boat so I didn’t bother to add the antenna, where we normally boat there’s about 2 channels even in my truck!

Yeah, our KMC10 FM is blah ... hooked up B/T with phone yesterday ... WOW.. what a difference in sound level and clarity. It was like a completely different system.

Anyone thought about installing a fully automatic retracting/extending power antenna somewhere on the helm stand?

There are some stainless steel ones on Amazon for around $40-60.

Back