Kicker radio remote

Jace

Reaction score
Hello all, happy to say I'm a new Bennington boat owner! Just bought a 2018 23SSBXP, has all the goodies you could ask for. The swingback has the triple cupholders to the right, yet I have seen models with the twin cupholders and a kicker radio remote located on the upper cupholder position. So I bought the remote, now I'm looking for the panel that can house the remote. Thanks in advance!

Maybe it’s just the angle but it appears that installing it after the fact would require some serious modifications. Welcome to this forum and to Bennington. Post some pictures of your new boat.

Dealer can order the part from Bennington.

I mounted both on my boat.
Front Remote.jpeg Rear Remote.jpeg

Hello all, happy to say I'm a new Bennington boat owner! Just bought a 2018 23SSBXP, has all the goodies you could ask for. The swingback has the triple cupholders to the right, yet I have seen models with the twin cupholders and a kicker radio remote located on the upper cupholder position. So I bought the remote, now I'm looking for the panel that can house the remote. Thanks in advance!
Did you ever find this part i am looking for the same one

My usage was exclusively passengers using bluetooth on their phones to control the stereo, both radio and music on the phones. Once I turned on the head unit I never touched the controls except for volume once in a while.

Different story but we ran a cable back to the swim platform and mounted the remote under the ladder in an area that does not get any wake when underway. Now we can swim over to change the volume, etc. Love it.

Different story but we ran a cable back to the swim platform and mounted the remote under the ladder in an area that does not get any wake when underway. Now we can swim over to change the volume, etc. Love it.
Got any pictures? I'm thinking about doing the same but I don't know where to mount it.

No photo handy, sorry. The KRC15 remote is mounted on the underside of the stern platform directly below where you stand after coming aboard at the rear ladder. I bought the Kicker extension cable and ran it from the radio head at the helm down through the floor and hid it behind the skirting along the top of the right pontoon. It is secured with cable ties. The season prior I spent some time looking at our wake and identified an area immediately behind the center of the right pontoon where there was little/no splash. I then riveted the mounting bracket (provided with the remote) to that spot and oriented the remote with display/knobs facing right. I did need to cut the mounting bolts, as they were too long and I didn't like the look nor did I want anyone to get a scrape. Finally, I attached the cable and sealed the connection with heat shrink tubing and electrical tape. After a full season, it has performed very well, and stayed mostly dry and out of the weather/sun (unit is waterproof anyway). It has been very convenient to swim up under the ladder and use the remote; our guests think it's neat. I have had neighbors like it so much that they tell me they're planning to add one also.

No photo handy, sorry. The KRC15 remote is mounted on the underside of the stern platform directly below where you stand after coming aboard at the rear ladder. I bought the Kicker extension cable and ran it from the radio head at the helm down through the floor and hid it behind the skirting along the top of the right pontoon. It is secured with cable ties. The season prior I spent some time looking at our wake and identified an area immediately behind the center of the right pontoon where there was little/no splash. I then riveted the mounting bracket (provided with the remote) to that spot and oriented the remote with display/knobs facing right. I did need to cut the mounting bolts, as they were too long and I didn't like the look nor did I want anyone to get a scrape. Finally, I attached the cable and sealed the connection with heat shrink tubing and electrical tape. After a full season, it has performed very well, and stayed mostly dry and out of the weather/sun (unit is waterproof anyway). It has been very convenient to swim up under the ladder and use the remote; our guests think it's neat. I have had neighbors like it so much that they tell me they're planning to add one also.
This is a really cool idea. Thanks for sharing.

Back