Lake of the Ozarks.....

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Its been very busy in town and on the water this year. You can just sense people are ready to get out and get back to normal.

We ventured out two weeks ago and tied up with our lake friends for the first time this season. Then again last weekend. We generally tie up with 3 to 10 other boats and our core crowd is made up of about 6 or 8 other couples. I was prudent and stayed on my boat while still socializing. My wife was more lenient and was on several other boats and gave some hugs to close friends. Found out yesterday one in the group tested positive for Covid-19. His wife has exactly the same symptoms as him but has not, as we understand, been tested. So we're self quarantining and hoping for the best.

Our area of the lake got very busy on Memorial Day weekend. Same with our local park and lake downstate recently. We are very leery due to some of my health concerns and a son with asthma, so we are trying to stay more reserved with any contact outside our home. We will probably stay this way trough summer, but not sure when fall comes around and school begins again.

It‘s tough to keep the reduction in contact with family and friends (or even the general public) up. Hope you guys stay healthy Sunedog, and that your friends recover well. Going to be an interesting Covid 19 summer.

Back