Leaking Pontoon

Captain

Reaction score
I believe I have a leaking pontoon on my 2011 Q2575 Bennington.  I am in the Lake of the Ozarks, MO

The rear starboard side is riding low in the water, making the boat tilt to starboard.

I intend to contact a dealer tomorrow; but, anyone with experience about this is encouraged to comment.

Sinking Jim

Jim

We have a 2013 Bennington SFX 20 and just had a leak fixed in our right pontoon. It was a pinhole leak in the pontoon from an incomplete weld and it took almost 13 months before it "sank" enough to be noticeable. Our dealer sent it out to be welded and it was gone for about 2 weeks. We keep it in the lake from April to October so it must have been a very small leak. Obviously the company covered it under the warranty.

Jim

We have a 2013 Bennington SFX 20 and just had a leak fixed in our right pontoon. It was a pinhole leak in the pontoon from an incomplete weld and it took almost 13 months before it "sank" enough to be noticeable. Our dealer sent it out to be welded and it was gone for about 2 weeks. We keep it in the lake from April to October so it must have been a very small leak. Obviously the company covered it under the warranty.
Hello neighbor !!! She was definitely sitting low in the water. I thought you just had a ton of fishing gear in there .... She looks good now !!

My 2013 2275GS has a leak in the same toon (rt rear) the dealer picked it up about 3 weeks ago and they drained 70+ gallons out of it. Presure tested but cound not find the leak.They took pictures and sent to Bennington. Bennington is shipping a new toon. Should be here this week. Bennington may need to up their QC before shipping their boats out.  Their CS is great.

My 2013 2275GS has a leak in the same toon (rt rear) the dealer picked it up about 3 weeks ago and they drained 70+ gallons out of it. Presure tested but cound not find the leak.They took pictures and sent to Bennington. Bennington is shipping a new toon. Should be here this week. Bennington may need to up their QC before shipping their boats out.  Their CS is great.
Not disagreeing on q/c, but a pin hole could appear LONG after pressure testing. Even a small piece of dirt, metal etc could prevent a detection during a leakdown test.

Depending on where it is, and how bad it is it may be fixed at dealer or locally if there's a good alum welder available. Worst case scenario another toon may have to be shipped to dealer. I've only read about 2nd scenario once as of late and that's this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back