Leaking Pontoons

Four R's

Reaction score
We own a 2012 2275 GCW.  Prior to putting the boat back in the water last spring, we heard water sloshing around in the pontoon.  Bennington covered the repair but would not cover the transporting of the boat (about 25 miles).  Used the boat this summer and now could hear water in the same section that was repaired along with the other rear pontoon.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue and if so, was the transporting paid for?  Also wondering if we should insist on 2 new toons?

I had a toon leak last year the dealer picked up my boat at our slip. Bennington shipped him a new toon and once they installed it they delivered our boat back to the slip.  No cost at all to me. Our slip is about 40 miles from our dealer. Hope this helps.

I've never paid for shipping. I think it depends on your dealer too, sounds like they are being cheap skates to me.

I had a toon leak last year the dealer picked up my boat at our slip. Bennington shipped him a new toon and once they installed it they delivered our boat back to the slip.  No cost at all to me. Our slip is about 40 miles from our dealer. Hope this helps.
It sure does.  In fact, just heard from Bennington and I will be getting new toons.  I assume it will include bottom paint, lifting strakes, and sold keels (all of which I have)?  Get this, last year I had my first leak and had to pay to transport the boat.  In addition, the marina wanted to charge me $7.00 a foot to place the boat back in the water.  For the additional $3.00, I had it transported here.  balls, huh?  To their credit, Bennington did reimburse me about $150.

I've never paid for shipping. I think it depends on your dealer too, sounds like they are being cheap skates to me.
I paid for transporting the boat last time and they would have charged me $7.00 a foot to place it back in the water.  What balls??

I think the warranty states the customer is responsible for transportation but exceptions can me made. Especially since they failed to fix your issue already. My local dealer is going to be redoing the steering lines on mine this off season. Hopefully the 4th time is the charm. :blink:    Did you buy from Goldstein Marina?

I think the warranty states the customer is responsible for transportation but exceptions can me made. Especially since they failed to fix your issue already. My local dealer is going to be redoing the steering lines on mine this off season. Hopefully the 4th time is the charm. :blink:    Did you buy from Goldstein Marina?
New Jersey.  Sheltered Cove Marina

New Jersey, that says it all.      :p     I'm from NJ.

Back