LED docking lights

Remediation

Reaction score
Lake Cumberland KY - White Oak Community Dock
We have never been out past night fall in this boat. This month we were with my parents at the campground till late. First time we motored at night. The red lights in the gauges were good and saved the night vision. When we got to the dock, I turned on the docking lights and thought they were broken. Those little led lights are a joke. The light barely got past the front deck. The only help would be stepping onto the dock. Big difference from the older style halagon bulbed docking lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put Silverstars in ours (old style lights) and they work great. Did the 2008's have the led option?

I agree the docking lights don't seem to give off much light. I too thought they weren't working for the first time. The LED enclosure looks nice, but the lights aren't very practical.

I agree the docking lights don't seem to give off much light. I too thought they weren't working for the first time. The LED enclosure looks nice, but the lights aren't very practical.
Ditto!

My docking lights work well when searching for reflectors on buoys.

I put Silverstars in ours (old style lights) and they work great. Did the 2008's have the led option?
We have the stainless steel housing with all led lights.

I have never had docking lights before this we have had a 1995 Nitro 180TF and I did tons of fishing at night. I dont think they are meant to be head lights I think they are meant to reflect light off the bouys they seem to be quite bright to me but I have never had them before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Docking lights are only to be turned on while docking.

Thus the name Docking lights!!! I only use them when pulling into the lift and they light up the aluminum uprights perfectly. I don't think they were intended to give off enough light to bow fish from the bow!

I boat at night at least four times a week, my lights will light up a whole cove. Very happy with them.

Back