Lifting Strake Question

I took delivery of my 2275 rcw with 32" elip tubes and lifting strakes. I have no holes anywhere in the strakes. Where did u find birds nest materials? Or are the holes only in the smaller dia. Tubes?

Btw, I have a 15x15 prop with merc 150 pro xs.

Todd

Ground time - I have no holes anywhere on either port or starboard, inside or outside lifting strakes.

Seems strange??

Todd

Ground time - I have no holes anywhere on either port or starboard, inside or outside lifting strakes.

Seems strange??

Todd
Todd, I will take pic and post it...

All - finally checked my boat speed per GPS. With 13 x 19 prop got 24 MPH at 5500 RPM (1/2 tank / Semi smooth water / normal loading)I am certain this is not right. Going to get with my dealer and go with previously suggested 13.25 x 14 or 15 and hope we break 30mph (or get closer!)

The strakes on my 2006 2575RFi have a hole at the rear end (~1.5"), plus they are not completely sealed all along the weld line with the toons. (This caused a small panic when boating one day with just my wife and I. Apparently we went fast enough for along enough time, and with the front end raised up enough, that the strakes didn't have any water in them when we stopped. We had the stereo off and heard what sounded like water filling the toons and saw bubbles in the water rising from a couple spots on each side of the boat. There was a lot of debris in the water so we were worried that we had hit something too hard and were sinking, so we headed back to the dock but stopped on the way to check again--then we figured out it was just air/water switching places inside the strakes. Whew!) The boat seems to plane nicely. My strakes measure at 5" wide on the bottom and run almost the full length on the outside and a little over halfway on the inside.

Also, like others, my boat sits very low in the water at the rear--a little past halfway submerged at the very rear, but it looks good/normal with people on board. Mine has the Yamaha F150.

Here's mine sitting at the dock. As you can see the back of the boat is sitting pretty low in the water. How does this compare to your boats?
Hmmm...that does seem a little low, especially for a triple. Mine is just a twin log, with the 115 yamaha, but I think there is not a huge difference in weight, maybe 100lbs between the two motors? Anyways here's a shot of mine with two adults on the back. Seems to sit about as low as yours.

IMG_2520 (2).jpg

Found out why I don't have the holes in my lifting strakes. Found out my boat was built with sealed strakes. I looked harder at the build a boat section, and I think the 32"tubes you can only get sealed strakes.

Todd

Found out why I don't have the holes in my lifting strakes. Found out my boat was built with sealed strakes. I looked harder at the build a boat section, and I think the 32"tubes you can only get sealed strakes.

Todd
I also have the 32" tubes with lifting strakes. I had the option of sealed or unsealed strakes. I choose the unsealed due to the difference in cost, and the bennington rep stated there was no difference in performance.

My lifting strakes have holes in rear too. I also had a problem with boat when I first ran it . The 130 etech would only tach out at 4200 rpms. Called dealer and he figured out that motor was mounted too high on transom and had the wrong size prop. ( the prop was too big) Changed prop and lowered motor down 1 hole and it will now tach 5500 rpms. cured everything. boat runs like a vhull, when you give it full throttle it only takes a second or two and it will plane. Hope you get your boat fixed, they are really special boats.

Back